★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Many current apps not OS 4 compatible

07-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Many current apps not OS 4 compatible

After months of not playing Puzzlings, I thought I would go back. Unfortunately I tried opening it 4 times and each time it crashed! I emailed the devs. and am waiting to hear back from them.

In addition, my JuJu games (games that include chat ie. spades, Video Poker, Solitaire, Hearts, BlackJack) forced through an update making the apps completely unbearable to use. They claim they are working on all of the bugs but why not do that BEFORE pushing through the update?

Lastly, Activity Monitor use to allow me to free memory by the click of a button but now that they have updated for OS 4 they took away that feature!!! What is going on??? I don't feel that it is fair that people have paid money for the devs to either drop an app, change the main feature of the app, or all together make it worse than the original (JuJu). Is anyone experiencing this?

Thanks for hearing my rants.
07-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
I wouldn't hold your breath on Puzzlings getting an update anytime soon...the version before the previous was released to fix a crash bug in the release before it, and that took 3+ months.

I miss playing Arcade Solitaire: TriTowers without it crashing.

i'm a pretty kitty cat

07-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
I wouldn't hold your breath on Puzzlings getting an update anytime soon...the version before the previous was released to fix a crash bug in the release before it, and that took 3+ months.

I miss playing Arcade Solitaire: TriTowers without it crashing.
If you enjoy solitaire you should try Cookie Solitaire. You can chat and play. There is a free version to see if you like it. They are working on the user interface which they just updated. It's worth a try.

Too bad about devs dropping the ball on other apps.
07-05-2010, 12:53 PM
There's no reason to have updated to iOS 4, unless you purchased an iPhone 4 with it already pre-installed.
07-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
There's no reason to have updated to iOS 4, unless you purchased an iPhone 4 with it already pre-installed.
Are you kidding? Why wouldn't someone update to a MUCH better OS?
07-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumaz1000 View Post
Yeah...I wish I had known you can't roll back before I upgraded.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
07-05-2010, 01:47 PM
My girlfriend is upset cause Drop7 doesn't work with iOS4.

Invaders Must Die.
07-05-2010, 01:53 PM
It is quite surprising that many games were released AFTER the OS update but still do not multitask properly. I tell you, that is extremely annoying to leave a game to answer a call, and then come back to see the title screen. Surprised that Gameloft hasn't issued any updates to make their games compatible with multitasking
07-05-2010, 03:22 PM
You couldn't use the compatibility thread right on page 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
It is really expensive when you take into account that I spend over 40 a month on games for my iPhone. Get a clue.
07-05-2010, 07:35 PM
I think that most devs are working hard to update to iOS4 right now. I know we are. Although we are lucky, in that all of our games work fine in any iOS so far.

Some devs didn't update before because of the cost of upgrading, and that some users were stuck on older versions, but with iOS4, it's free, so theirs not reason not to update. Just give it some time. Everything will work better!