★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: BRAND NEW GAME MODE ADDED! We added a "Boss Challenge" game mode to the MBL unlock condition, for those brave or adventurous enough to face this challenge !

- "What's Hot" and "What We're playing" banners!
- TOP20 Paid Role-Playing App in US!
- #1 Paid Role-Playing App in Hong Kong
- What were Playing feature
- Whats Hot & New and Noteworthy

Media reviews:

"Project Sanctuary is one of the best dual-stick shooters I've seen on the App Store yet." - TUAW's Daily App

"The Project Sanctuary pace is frantic, heart pounding! This is a bombastic, bloody, high intensity, overkill of a game app!" - 5/5 stars AppSafari.com

"If fast shooting action is what you're after, it's certainly what you'll get. " Pocket Gamer

"Project Sanctuary puts a lot of fun back into a genre that hasnt been too enticing lately and easily deserves a spot on your device if youre into exciting top-down shooters." - 4/5 AppAdvice.com

" It's quick and responsive, and it's got a surprisingly solid back-end, which includes four different characters to choose from, multiple game modes and settings, and even an in-game talent tree where you can specialize your characters and weapons as necessary in order to bring the best fight that you can." - Mike Schramm

"Project Sanctuary is a should buy at $0.99 and is one of the finest games in its genre." Felix Xiao

Do you strive for the excitement and adrenaline rush that comes with shooting action and adventure? Look no further! P. Sanctuary is tailored specially for you!

This is humanitys darkest hour, as humans are confronted with the greatest bloodbath in their history. Having expanded their territories by conquering neighboring worlds, the ever-hungry gaze of the Trinigon Alliance now settles on the juiciest prize the Earth.

Project Sanctuary is a breathtaking third-person shooter that uses a top-down view during gameplay. Are aspects like Versatile Replayability, Gripping Gameplay, and an Engaging Storyline in a game important to you? Then this is your game!

Players can choose between four customizable characters (including an Unlockable Character), each with their own strengths and abilities. The four characters experience and skills are linked, allowing the player to easily switch between characters to capitalize on their unique traits. Make use of these highly useful features as certain levels may call for faster movement speed while other levels may require more firepower.

Mesmerizing visual effects and graphics
RPG Elements including Customizable Skill Trees and Unlockable Characters and Weapons
4 Player Co-Op
4 Unique Game Modes: Single player and Multi-Player modes, Endurance and Arena
3 Difficulty Settings to choose from (Normal, Hard & Nightmare)
12 Unrivalled Skills each with 5 different Levels
13 Menacing enemies
13 Specially-commissioned Gameplay Music Scores
24 Unique Maps
26 Different weapons, including 3 Ultimate Weapons
31 Unlockable Achievements
182 Pages of Engaging Comics

So what are you waiting for? Join us in Earths greatest battle!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

What’s new in Version 1.1:
- iOS 4 support
- More Damage! Newly adjusted critical hit damages for all guns!
- Money, Money, Money! Get 150% more in Normal Mode, 300% in Hard Mode, 450% in Nightmare Mode!
- Improved and enhanced alien unit animation graphics
- Better and more realistic weapon sound effects
- GUI fixes
07-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Hmm. Why no interest in this? Usually folks around here fall over themselves at dual stick shooters...with rpg elements to boot. And this one seems to look good. Would like to see a video personally though.

07-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Is it online 4 person coop?

Lightning Strike Games Development Blog
07-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iFanzine
Yep, does look good. Alive 4-ever with a sci-fi twist?

The latest iPhone & iPad games. Reviewed. iFanzine.com
"Awesome!"-StudioUFO "Very well written"-Foursaken Media "Cool, Love it!"-Bulkypix
07-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
Reminds me of Resident Evil. - Although it's not my type of game.
07-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Game Impressions

Originally Posted by iFanzine View Post
Yep, does look good. Alive 4-ever with a sci-fi twist?
In a nutshell.

The gameplay is solid. Good controls and smooth framerate. Monsters are badly in need of some extra frames of animation, but the variety between different types is very good so far (not just in looks but also in behaviour.)

Difficulty seems fairly brutal, even on normal, and even in the first few levels, particularly if you are trying to achieve all the objectives. Previous levels can be replayed however, for extra experience.

Multiplayer appears to be local only, wifi or Bluetooth.

I'd say overall there is a lot to like here, particularly if you're an Alive4Ever fan. Not a whole lot of originality, as well as the token cheesy storyline and characters, but the gameplay is definitely solid as well as challenging, and warrants a recommendation if you like this kind of thing.
07-16-2010, 03:32 AM
Project Sanctuary

Found a video of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C8xu-qjkQ4. Looks pretty good to me, might have to give it a try!

Last edited by james11; 07-16-2010 at 09:39 PM.
07-16-2010, 03:51 AM
Looks interesting
07-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iFanzine
Cheers for that mini-review Gabrien! Reckon I'll check this one out, I do love me some Alive 4-ever

The latest iPhone & iPad games. Reviewed. iFanzine.com
"Awesome!"-StudioUFO "Very well written"-Foursaken Media "Cool, Love it!"-Bulkypix
07-19-2010, 12:22 AM
I've just started playing the game and it seems pretty good so far! Was wondering if anyone knows how to get through chapter 1.5?? my life is always half gone by the time i get to setting my first C4....