App description: Archetype is celebrating its first anniversary with nearly 1.5 MILLION unique players and 100 MILLION fragswe thank all our players for making our game so successful!

Version 1.6 of Villains popular and critically acclaimed online FPS delivers new security measures to make the game fairer plus gameplay fixes, new game art, and new support tools.

The best fragging deal on iPhone includes 3 GAME MODES (Team Deathmatch, Free for All, Capture the Flag), a WHOPPING 19 LEVELS, new anti-cheating measures.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The reviews are in and critics agree: Archetype rules!

Too often, I'm told that the iPhone cannot play hardcore games. The next time I hear this untruth, I am going to wave Archetype in front of the offender's face Archetype is a great little multiplayer shooter.
IGN, 8.4/Impressive game score

Archetype delivers one of the most robust, beautiful, and most importantly fun FPS experiences that can be had on the iPhone. Touch Arcade

The deathmatches are exciting, the controls are brilliant, and the graphics are excellent (theyre even optimized for iPhone 4)... Any way you slice it, if you like deathmatch-style first-person shooters, youll love Archetype. Slide To Play

Keeps the 5-on-5 multiplayer action fast, frenzied, and remarkably good GamesRadar

Archetype lives up to the hype. TUAW

---------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype delivers a high quality console-style FPS experience on iPhone or iPod touch. No gimmicks, just pure iPwnage.

OPTIMIZED for iPHONE 4: Takes full advantage of Retina Display with HIGHER RESOLUTION weapons, textures, and crisper on-screen HUD. Headshots never looked so good!

INTENSE MULTIPLAYER-ONLY DEATHMATCHES for up to 5 on 5 combat

TEAM BATTLES ACROSS 19 MAPS with 7 WEAPONS (including the Battle and Precision Rifles, rapid-fire AutoMag, shotgun, missile launcher, brutal melee axe, and CTF flag weapon) plus 2 grenade types

FULL GAME CENTER support with multiplayer matching, Achievements, and Leaderboards

FREE FOR ALL (FFA) Mode and 6 FFA Levels including Gula FFA, Aqualock FFA, Vault FFA, Cobalt FFA, Orion FFA, Viridian FFA

CAPTURE THE FLAG (CTF) Mode with 3 CTF levels including Crimson CTF, Avarice CTF, Aqualock CTF

SHOTGUN ARENA and Missile Launcher Arena provide fun single-weapon blast zones

NUMEROUS UPDATES Including IMPROVED FAIR PLAY Measures to Block Cheaters, New App Icon, and Bug Fixes

PRECISE DUAL JOYSTICK-STYLE CONTROLS: Master the tight controls in seconds

RANK UP IN SEASON 2: Start a new Archetype leaderboard season by earning EXP for winning games, and gaining medalswork your way to the top!

TRACK ENEMIES via on-screen RADAR

MELEE WITH ANY GUN by tapping the on-screen radar

CUSTOMIZE your gameplay: Invert aim axis, set aim sensitivity, hide on-screen joysticks, even turn off auto-fire

Hone your skills with two OFFLINE TUTORIAL modes

iPWNAGE via Wi-Fi, 3G, or even Edgetake a console-style FPS experience on the go

Hardware requirements:
Network Connection Required. A 3G or WiFi connection is recommended for best gameplay experience.

Daremo's comments:
Here it is...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/archetype/id364504952?mt=8
07-06-2010, 01:18 AM

hi

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 07-11-2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: video

07-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Downloading
07-06-2010, 01:23 AM
There's not anyone even on yet in the US to play a game with. Going through the practice mode, this is much smoother then Eliminate. Can't wait to see this in full action.
07-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Any ideas when it will hit Europe?
07-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Will wait for impressions before putting down 2.99...

OpenFeint / Gameloft ID: KiranB28
Hooked On: Cut The Rope, Bookworm, Samurai II
Reckless Racer, Modern Combat 2 (add me!)
07-06-2010, 01:31 AM
is $2.99 for the full game or is there DLC or some form of a money-making scheme like in NGMOCO's game?

Now Playing: iStunt 2, Monster Trouble, Zombie Runaway, Stylish Sprint, Grim Joggers, Holy Moly Dragons, Fight Night Champion, NBA Jam, Rat On a Skateboard, Puzzle Quest 2, Jungool, Super Stick Golf, Smoody, Gravity Guy.
07-06-2010, 01:38 AM
From what I can tell, it's for the full game. I don't see anywhere inside the game to buy anything. I also, still can't find anyone to have a match with.
07-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daremo View Post
From what I can tell, it's for the full game. I don't see anywhere inside the game to buy anything. I also, still can't find anyone to have a match with.
I was on there for a bit, but it's almost 3:00 am in the US and the game just came out, so I doubt you'll find anyone yet.

BTW, no DLC. This thing is polished like glass. Well worth 2.99 (as long as they get players).
07-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
is $2.99 for the full game or is there DLC or some form of a money-making scheme like in NGMOCO's game?
it's the full game, they could implement that credit scheme in future updates, but I really really really don't want them to. So far the game runs pretty smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Orlandosan"
True, but when your downloading apps at the itunes store, your basically stealing without buying!