App description: Archetype is celebrating its first anniversary with nearly 1.5 MILLION unique players and 100 MILLION fragswe thank all our players for making our game so successful!

Version 1.6 of Villains popular and critically acclaimed online FPS delivers new security measures to make the game fairer plus gameplay fixes, new game art, and new support tools.

The best fragging deal on iPhone includes 3 GAME MODES (Team Deathmatch, Free for All, Capture the Flag), a WHOPPING 19 LEVELS, new anti-cheating measures.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The reviews are in and critics agree: Archetype rules!

Too often, I'm told that the iPhone cannot play hardcore games. The next time I hear this untruth, I am going to wave Archetype in front of the offender's face Archetype is a great little multiplayer shooter.
IGN, 8.4/Impressive game score

Archetype delivers one of the most robust, beautiful, and most importantly fun FPS experiences that can be had on the iPhone. Touch Arcade

The deathmatches are exciting, the controls are brilliant, and the graphics are excellent (theyre even optimized for iPhone 4)... Any way you slice it, if you like deathmatch-style first-person shooters, youll love Archetype. Slide To Play

Keeps the 5-on-5 multiplayer action fast, frenzied, and remarkably good GamesRadar

Archetype lives up to the hype. TUAW

---------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype delivers a high quality console-style FPS experience on iPhone or iPod touch. No gimmicks, just pure iPwnage.

OPTIMIZED for iPHONE 4: Takes full advantage of Retina Display with HIGHER RESOLUTION weapons, textures, and crisper on-screen HUD. Headshots never looked so good!

INTENSE MULTIPLAYER-ONLY DEATHMATCHES for up to 5 on 5 combat

TEAM BATTLES ACROSS 19 MAPS with 7 WEAPONS (including the Battle and Precision Rifles, rapid-fire AutoMag, shotgun, missile launcher, brutal melee axe, and CTF flag weapon) plus 2 grenade types

FULL GAME CENTER support with multiplayer matching, Achievements, and Leaderboards

FREE FOR ALL (FFA) Mode and 6 FFA Levels including Gula FFA, Aqualock FFA, Vault FFA, Cobalt FFA, Orion FFA, Viridian FFA

CAPTURE THE FLAG (CTF) Mode with 3 CTF levels including Crimson CTF, Avarice CTF, Aqualock CTF

SHOTGUN ARENA and Missile Launcher Arena provide fun single-weapon blast zones

NUMEROUS UPDATES Including IMPROVED FAIR PLAY Measures to Block Cheaters, New App Icon, and Bug Fixes

PRECISE DUAL JOYSTICK-STYLE CONTROLS: Master the tight controls in seconds

RANK UP IN SEASON 2: Start a new Archetype leaderboard season by earning EXP for winning games, and gaining medalswork your way to the top!

TRACK ENEMIES via on-screen RADAR

MELEE WITH ANY GUN by tapping the on-screen radar

CUSTOMIZE your gameplay: Invert aim axis, set aim sensitivity, hide on-screen joysticks, even turn off auto-fire

Hone your skills with two OFFLINE TUTORIAL modes

iPWNAGE via Wi-Fi, 3G, or even Edgetake a console-style FPS experience on the go

Hardware requirements:
Network Connection Required. A 3G or WiFi connection is recommended for best gameplay experience.

Daremo's comments:
Here it is...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/archetype/id364504952?mt=8
10-23-2010, 03:21 PM
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Quote:
New for this update:

New Features:
* Capture The Flag mode with 6 NEW STAGES!
* Game Center support, with achievements and leaderboards!
* Multiplayer story campaign and Completing matches and earning exp unlocks the epic saga of Archetype:
* Chapter 1: (original)
- New advanced training level
- Additional multiplayer level: Shotgun Arena
* Chapter 2: Frontier (In App purchase)
- Capture the Flag Mode! Battle it out with 10 players to capture the other team's flag in new open arenas.
- Beat your enemies senseless with the new flag weapon!
- 3 New Environments:
- Crimson Moon: Outdoor Mining Base of Torim Kafto
- Aqua Lock: Derelict Dam on Thata Prime
- Obsidian Skirmish: Military deep space transport.
- 6 New Arenas
- Crimson Moon TDM: Open arena perfect for precision sniping.
- Crimson Moon CTF: Avoid the deadly lava.
- Aqua Lock TDM: Multiple elevations, open areas, and water.
- Aqua Lock CTF: Use the waterways to confuse your persuers.
- Obsidian Skirmish TDM: Fight your way through the Obsidian in traditional TDM
- Avarice CTF: Defend your flag in this revisited vertical arena.

Fixes and tweaks:
* Improved Matchmaking: easier to find 10 person matches
* Info in menus now update much faster
* Music on/off bug has been fixed.
10-23-2010, 03:22 PM
damn you beat me by 1 min......this is a sick update

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ

10-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Holy #### this is one epic update
10-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh god now I have to spend some of my online time on this again!

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
10-23-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm confused. The DLC is the new offline mode, right? Or did the whole app get an offline mode?

I don't have the game yet and I am still waiting for an offline mode..

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.
10-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Is there any gyro support added?
10-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5duc29 View Post
I'm confused. The DLC is the new offline mode, right? Or did the whole app get an offline mode?

I don't have the game yet and I am still waiting for an offline mode..
I wouldn't really consider the "Advanced Training Level" as an offline mode, unless I'm missing something here...

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
10-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I agree... I mean... deathmatches are fun and all... but come on... I miss some old fashioned CTF, or everyone for themselves type online 'battles'... Halo has spoiled me I guess....
Haha, great timing.
Can you complain that I don't make enough money. I want to see if it'll work for that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky_2367 View Post
Is there any gyro support added?
Yeah, a long time ago

Last edited by NotYou; 10-23-2010 at 03:44 PM.
10-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Holy mother of... How ironic are the two posts before the update
10-23-2010, 04:02 PM
I ho say tho villain definitely cut it pretty close... I was this much away from deleting. Can't wait tho. When I saw the update I thought it was just Gona b some bug fixes but I've been looking at the update description for half an hour now savoring it...