★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Why is Zen Bound so good?

02-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Why is Zen Bound so good?

I cannot understand why zen bound is such a good game. to me, i seems very easy and boring. can somebody explain to me why it is so good?
02-28-2009, 07:53 AM
iuno i have yet to buy it
and mods gonna lock this

02-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Each to their own.
There are many games here I will not buy simply because they are not what I would enjoy. If watching the videos of ZB makes you think it's not good, don't buy it. Me? It looked - and is - awesome. And everyone I know that bought it feels the same.
02-28-2009, 08:04 AM
^ correct...why i think is popular? new concept, there no other games that plays like this. The game is very original but i didnt buy it because like u, i dont find appealing.

Im not gonna buy it because of the hype; learn that from gaylando! And im sure alot of people bought it due to its hype as well! Some learn to enjoy and some hate itl according to app chart, majority loves the game!
02-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
Because it's relaxing?

Updates from Casual Gamer

Plus+ ID: dsync89 (active in all We Rule, We Farm and We City)
OpenFeint ID: dsync89
02-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusheteeensheem View Post
I cannot understand why zen bound is such a good game. to me, i seems very easy and boring. can somebody explain to me why it is so good?
This is a game to enjoy the graphics and sounds, to relax, while making through the best, shortest and harmonic way to bound the objects.

But not everyone would like such experience so maybe this is just not for you and as we all well know there's no game that'll please all of us.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
02-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Sync View Post
Because it's relaxing?
please...let's stop with this "relaxing" story...
Zen Bound is not relaxing at all.

Just because they say "it's ZEN and RELAXING" it doesnt mean that it is.

Zen Bound is BORING, FRUSTRATING, EASY, but with a beautiful 3D graphic.
02-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Send a message via MSN to Sierra275
Honestly, I never paid any attention to it until it was actually released, despite all the hype. What's good about it is that its a unique puzzle game. If you're not sure exactly about the gameplay, you basically wrap a rope around a certain object. When the rope comes into contact with a certain area, an area around the contant point becomes 'painted'. You simply have to 'paint' as much of the object as you can. There is no time limit. The only limit is the amount of rope you're able to use, which in most levels is quite generous, and any traps you may trap yourself in. See, it's not just a boring 'wrap around the rope' thing. The lack of a time limit makes this game a 'medatative' one, just as it is advertised. And personally, I agree. The soundtrack was pretty hyped too, but I think that it's not the only reason to get the game. It just contributes to the overall feel and mood of it, and I think it's one of the games on the app store to actually live up to it's description.

For those who are trying to avoid the rolando hype-trap again, I think that this is a much better game than Rolando. I bought Rolando when the price dropped, and really I think it's an okay-ish game, but not particularly worth all the hype. No doubt they're both puzzle games, but Zen has a truly unique style of gamepaly. This is definately not your generic puzzle/objective based game. Puzzle games are usually set against the clock or have some other 'point of no return/have to restart' thing. True, there's a restart button, but that's just if you completely tangle youself up and can't be bothered to untangle. Basically, it's a completely different genre of puzzler than Rolando is, and with the mood and atmosphere, is definately a more worthwhile buy than Rolando was.

Not to say that it doesn't have it's shortcomings. Your rope, while pretty realistic, isn't completely realistic. You can't do things with the rope that you could do in real life, like press it into corners. Also, you need a certain amount of points (there's a Zen-themed point system) to proceed, and the part I'm currently stuck at has been stumping me for the past half an hour already.

Nonetheless, it's strengths by far overcome it's weaknesses. The uniqueness of it's gameplay and relatively decent (thought not dirt cheap) price makes this a worthwhile game to cough up $4.99 for.

Sierra275 on Gameloft Live, Openfeint, Gamecenter, and most other social gaming networks on the iTouch.
02-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Well thought add this you all need to buy sway definition of not boring and needs to be in top 100

Current faves:UniWar,Glyder, Assasin's Creed, Wolfenstein,Zenonia(beta testing)
☻/ my review site:cheatcodes4chicos
/▌reviewer at: appmania
/ \ There you go rocketman I've moved on from hobocity
02-28-2009, 08:29 AM
i love it. the control is perfect, the art style and graphics are nice, the music is awsome, the main gameplay is relaxing and addicting. yes, RELAXING.