★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Lumines?

02-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Lumines?

I was a huge fan of Lumines when I owned a PSP and I've been checking out any Iphone game with colored blocks in hopes of finding something similar to it. Does anyone know if this exists or is in development? Thanks!
02-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Franchise owned by sony so it's not gonna happen

Current faves:UniWar,Glyder, Assasin's Creed, Wolfenstein,Zenonia(beta testing)
☻/ my review site:cheatcodes4chicos
/▌reviewer at: appmania
/ \ There you go rocketman I've moved on from hobocity
02-28-2009, 08:57 AM
...And yet it is available on XBox360's Xbox Live Arcade.

... and Lumines Mobile is available for cell phones, and was published by Gameloft.

Jerlandon,
The developer and publisher of the console versions is "Q Entertainment." Contacting them to request an iPhone version certainly can't hurt. Gameloft may also appreciate hearing interest in the title for the iPhone. They have been quite prolific on the iPhone bringing mobile titles over.
02-28-2009, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferi22 View Post
Franchise owned by sony so it's not gonna happen
The franchise is not owned by sony, Q? Entertainment reserves rights for the game and they can release it for any platform. For example it has already been released on pc and mobile phones. Don't state misleading information.
02-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerlandon View Post
I was a huge fan of Lumines when I owned a PSP and I've been checking out any Iphone game with colored blocks in hopes of finding something similar to it. Does anyone know if this exists or is in development? Thanks!
Check out Tatomic. It isn't Lumines, by any means, but kind of has that feel in a way. It has also been on sale for a buck (there's a lite version too).

I'd LOVE to see Lumines as well.
02-28-2009, 11:05 AM
wasn't Lumines on the front page here? something about Bioshock and Lumines in the same news story a few months back...i.e. its coming.... ?