★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: iwin, Inc.
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 77.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Check out our latest Hidden Object Adventure game, "Classic Adventures: The Great Gatsby" at https://itunes.apple.com/app/classic-adventures-great-gatsby/id578960905

The revolutionary Match-3 puzzle adventure finally comes in a dazzling HD version for iPad!

-- ENHANCED HD GAMEPLAY! -- Paradise Quest HD for iPad combines the gorgeous graphics of the PC game with the intuitive touchscreen controls the iPhone version, offering the most fun and addictive puzzle experience on iPad!

-- A PUZZLE WITH A REVOLUTIONARY TWIST! --
An exciting take on the ever-popular Match-3 puzzle genre: each match you make moves you smoothly across the puzzle board. Explore the map to find special items and complete your mission through 60 addicting levels!

-- AN EXCITING TROPICAL ADVENTURE --
Play as renowned ecologist Dr Evan Finch to restore the majestic island of Isabela to its former beauty. Collect natural resources to revive lush vegetation, restore a mighty animal kingdom, and uncover the ancient artifacts of a lost Galapagos civilization.

-- TOP-NOTCH PRODUCTION VALUES --
Marvel at the lush beauty of tropical environments and wonderful creatures of the Galapagos. Enjoy brilliantly colorful graphics, enchanting sound effects and dazzling animations!

-- CHALLENGE FRIENDS! -- Connected multiplayer mode lets users challenge their friends by playing iPad vs. iPad or iPad vs iPhone/iPod.

--THE QUEST CONTINUES!-- Unlock the Paradise Nights Extra Levels Pack to play 20 new addicting levels. The fun never stops!

***********REVIEWS************

iPhone version:

"Paradise Quest will keep you entertained for a long time" 4.5 out of 5 Touch Reviews

"To be honest this is the best puzzle game I've played for ages on my iPhone." GirlGamerUK.com

"The search was on for the next big hit. I think they've found it in Paradise Quest. The game definitely takes the genre to the next level in gameplay and offers something new to everybody." Gold Award MobileGameFAQs

"We challenge anyone to find such an in-depth and quality puzzler for the same price but we won't be holding our breath for a response. We can officially say goodbye to our lunch breaks from now on." iPhoneGamesUnlimited

PC version:

"I-play rolled out the red carpet for this production: extensive boards to navigate, top-notch production values, filled with surprises and fun twists, sense of atmosphere, great stage design. Paradise Quest is infinitely greater than the sum of its parts." Gamezebo

FOLLOW US: twitter.com/iplaygaming
FIND US: facebook.com/iplaygaming
WATCH OUR VIDEOS: youtube.com/user/IplayMobileGaming

More fun games from I-play:
Bubble Town, Dream Day Wedding, Turbo Subs, James Patterson's Women's Murder Club, National Geographic's Herod's Lost Tomb, Kingdom Of The Blue Whale and more!

goiMot's comments:

07-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks gioMot

Out in NZ means only a few hours to wait for the rest of us

i look forward to hearing everyones comments once they have download the game

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IplayGaming

Become a Fan on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/IplayGaming

07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Awesome and congrats on the release!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
07-07-2010, 12:13 PM
I wonder if they fixed the problem from the iphone version about it not saving your progress when you exit. Given that a level can take a long time, having to start over again got pretty tedious after a while.
07-07-2010, 01:14 PM
I was wondering the same thing as mlkaufman... I hated how the game would reset if you had to take phone call or text... or even just quick because you had something else to do.

I also wonder if there is anything else to the iPad version other than improved graphics. The graphics were already pretty good... making them better won't be that much of a reason to pay for another version.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
07-07-2010, 04:18 PM
I can confirm that the game saves where you left off.

I turned it off, came back to it today and started on level 7 again.

As far as iPad version VS iPod version, I am not too sure.

It's been a while since I played the iPod version.

The iPad version looks absolutely gorgeous. I guess it's up to the individual.
I got an iPad to play HD games. I feel like I am cheating myself when I play a game in 2X.
(That sucks, because I have over 2100 games and there are so many great games that have not gone HD, and many that probably never will.)

And there is nothing wrong with those who choose to play a game in 2X.
I am just sort of spoiled. I have a hard time settling for mediocrity if I know in the back of my mind there is a better way, even if it's slightly better (sorry for the rant!)
07-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks... what I didn't like was when you were in the middle of a level and something happened. Yes, it would return to the same level, but not to the point where I had cleared 4 of 5 temples.

And keep in mind... Just because the letters "H" and "D" are on a game title doesn't mean that something is truly High Definition. At least not in the terms that we think of as HD in our television viewing.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
07-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWit View Post
Thanks... what I didn't like was when you were in the middle of a level and something happened. Yes, it would return to the same level, but not to the point where I had cleared 4 of 5 temples.

And keep in mind... Just because the letters "H" and "D" are on a game title doesn't mean that something is truly High Definition. At least not in the terms that we think of as HD in our television viewing.

Technically, HD doesn't mean 1080i, 1080p specifically either.

I have had High Definition televisions since 1999

HD means higher than the standard resolution.

720p is HD for TV as well as 1080

did you know there was an HD signal the japanese came up with that is 7680x4320 - Test subjects got sick during viewing, but it exists, and it's HD. (Super HD really)

There is no standard number locked in for HD.

I think you guys know what I am referring to when I say HD games.

They are higher definition than the same iPod games, therefore, they ARE HD versions of those games.

Last edited by colorsound; 07-07-2010 at 04:47 PM.
07-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I can confirm that the game saves where you left off.
I turned it off, came back to it today and started on level 7 again.
Hi. Maybe I am dense, but can you please answer two questions:

1) By "turned it off" do you mean you shut down the app and then restarted it, or did you just sleep the iPad?

2) When you say "started on level 7 again" do you mean you went back to the beginning of level 7, or you went back to were you were before with (for example) a half cleared board?

I want to make sure I can exit the app in the middle of a level, start another app, go back to this app and resume just where I left off.

Thanks, Michael
07-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
Hi. Maybe I am dense, but can you please answer two questions:

1) By "turned it off" do you mean you shut down the app and then restarted it, or did you just sleep the iPad?

2) When you say "started on level 7 again" do you mean you went back to the beginning of level 7, or you went back to were you were before with (for example) a half cleared board?

I want to make sure I can exit the app in the middle of a level, start another app, go back to this app and resume just where I left off.

Thanks, Michael

Sorry Michael

You're not dense, that was my fault Buddy!

I should have clarified better.

Last night I played until I cleared level 6.

Today I have played a bunch of other games, went and started up Paradise Quest HD when I saw this question.

It started me off at the beginning of level 7.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that it will probably throw you back to the beginning of the level.
The levels don't seem to take too long, but I can understand the frustration of starting a level over.

Are there Match 3 games that will pick up where they left off when you turn them off (as opposed to starting at the beginning of the last level).
I can't think of any off the top of my head, and I have a TON of match 3 games.