★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Vesta
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 11.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Vesta Dice is a new relaxing puzzle game with a fresh idea for your mind-banding fun. Try to beat the clock and complete all tasks in this original dice game.

Basic idea is simple. You have to switch neighboring dice to create scoring combinations and you have to do it fast cause the clock is ticking.
Gameplay innovation comes from a clever dice lock/unlock system:
- Switching dice locks them so you have to plan your moves very carefully.
- Dice are unlocked when you find a scoring combination. This attribute is controlled by another original element - check buttons.
- Check buttons give you the strategic advantage of picking the right time to unlock your dice.

For a more challenging experience Vesta Dice give you 15 unique tasks to beat. Reach new score levels, arrange combinations in a row, get as many points as you can in 60 seconds!
Combine this elements with stylish graphics and relaxing music and you will get a good view of Vesta Dice gameplay.

Still not convinced?
Take a look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj9lvxMWxC0

Thesik's comments:
Hi,

This is the first game developed by Vesta, we're trying to get touch with gamers so any comments are welcome

YouTube: video

07-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Just watched the vid for this looks like an interesting polished product

07-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Embedded:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Looks snazzy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
07-07-2010, 12:39 PM
@ Thesik

I like the game concept a lot. Great presentation including graphics, animations, sound effects and background music.

However, it really, really needs a resume feature and the iOS 4 fast switching capability. I don’t like to lose a score just because I have to answer a call.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
07-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Thank you all for kind words.

@Carlos-Sz We'll remove this flaw in next update(within 1 week)
07-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesik View Post
Thank you all for kind words.

@Carlos-Sz We'll remove this flaw in next update(within 1 week)
Great news! Thanks.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
07-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Game Impressions

So far I am loving this game!

Couple of things:

1) I would kill for a non-timed mode. Then again I'm not sure how the game would end... Maybe on three mistakes or if you get stuck.
2) Game really needs OpenFeint.
3) Music is great, but mellow - if there was a non-timed mode, I'd keep this music for that part, and add some more upbeat, possibly light-techno, music for the main game.

Game tips:

- You have to match 4 of a kind, 3 of a kind or two pairs. With 3 of a kind or two pairs the same numbers must be next to each other! (i.e. 333x or 1122)
- Don't forget the die at the top! I did and totally got stuck first two games. Also, you don't "use" this die, you trade it - keep this in mind and trade dice you need to move to the top die.
- Mistakes are very costly, points wise - be careful before you click! Also, it's very easy to get yourself 'stuck' by making a wrong swap.
- You can punch the score buttons as soon as the dice are moving, so you can tap-trade-tap-trade-score before all of the dice are in place.

Great game, very well polished, lots of fun once you get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
07-07-2010, 05:46 PM
I like this game as well... though it could use a bit of a better tutorial. A lot of it was live and learn while playing. Take the notes from drelbs comments above and that will make things a little easier.

Would like to see more than just your highest score and times. I would rather see something like the top five scores. At the very least we should get global gaming with something like this. Replay factor really goes up when you've got other scores than just your own best to beat.

But all in all a nice little game for the price. Well executed (aside from the tutorial). Easy to recommend.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
07-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks

Thanks a lot for your comments. We have some new ideas thanks to them and we're going to improve Vesta Dice a lot in next update which should be available soon

Quote:
Would like to see more than just your highest score and times. I would rather see something like the top five scores. At the very least we should get global gaming with something like this.
Do you think user should be able to write his nick next to his score ?

Quote:
I would kill for a non-timed mode. Then again I'm not sure how the game would end... Maybe on three mistakes or if you get stuck.
We're thinking about casual mode - you would get more time at the start, less points and more time for each combination found. What do you think about it ?
07-08-2010, 10:35 AM
I like putting the initials with the score. I'm a big fan of Dice Diving and adding the score, nickname and nationality really pushed that game to even higher heights for me.

Beating the world is a great way to keep a game playable.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5