★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: More fun searching for apps?

02-28-2009, 10:35 AM
More fun searching for apps?

For me, I actually enjoy searching for good games/apps more than playing them themselves. Is anyone else like this?
02-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Try Neogaf. They more talk and gather games than actually play them.

Of course, it's easier for iPhone games cause they're cheaper than regular games.

02-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Yea, Im kind of the same way. I spend way more time looking for new apps and info than i do actually playing the games I buy. I do play the games I have, but I'm always looking for the next game to buy
02-28-2009, 11:33 AM
I was like that the first couple weeks of owning a Touch back in December. Eventually I had researched enough to be familiar with 99% of games that get mention around here and other sites. Now I don't even search the app store itself, there's just too much crap to sort through. I just visit this site every 1-2 days to see what new stuff is worth checking out. Long live TA
02-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzle View Post
I was like that the first couple weeks of owning a Touch back in December. Eventually I had researched enough to be familiar with 99% of games that get mention around here and other sites. Now I don't even search the app store itself, there's just too much crap to sort through. I just visit this site every 1-2 days to see what new stuff is worth checking out. Long live TA
Agreed, at first I was obsessed with the sheer amount and availability of apps, now I mainly just check the main "hype machine" sites and enjoy what I have. Of course I still enjoy buying an app or two...or ten.. a week, but hey, whatever
02-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Yea......I agree. I like to search for games as well. Although a few find this as a chore to 'sift through the garbage' on some threads. I really enjoy the research of the games as well. The behind the scenes type thing. I've been playing my games more often than usual because of an overload of them on my Touch........need to play/remove some of them (ones w/ no replay).
02-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoofNoof View Post
For me, I actually enjoy searching for good games/apps more than playing them themselves. Is anyone else like this?
I was for the first week or so, now I play way more than I research. I think anyone offered a pile of 15,000 apps is going to dive in and swim around for a bit, but the games are great so I would think playing should eventually take over.
02-28-2009, 12:04 PM
I usually just check my favorite devs every day or two, and look at the shiny new apps they have. Not buying many theses days...(or playing)
02-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I read this forums regularly and hope that I don't miss too much interesting stuff that way. At least this should guarantee, that I don't miss any A+ games.
02-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Searching for apps is fun, because you might find something that no-one else has reviewed yet. But more fun than playing that game? Nope.

Games Uncovered: The best iPhone gaming news and reviews.
www.gamesuncovered.com
twitter.com/gamesuncovered
youtube.com/gamesuncovered