★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Find out why A Bloody Fun Day! has been played by millions of gamers on PC & Mac around the world -- right here on your iPhone and iPod touch!

Now featured by Apple in over 80 countries!

What would Death himself do if he were surrounded by ultra-cute critters? Kill them, of course! You play the reaper, who needs to kill red cuties in order to stay alive. Killing other cuties will help charge super powers that make it easier to get to the red cuties. How long can you survive before the dwindling cutie population stifles your life? You cant help but have a bloody fun day in this addictive puzzler!

FEATURING

STRATEGY WITH A BLOODY TWIST
Enjoy harvesting Cutie souls as you delve deep into strategizing how you're going to aquire that next Reaper ability for more Cutie carnage.

SPECIAL REAPER POWERS!
Use powers such as Jump Slash, Soul Harvest, Transform, Vampiric Touch, Eye Lasers and Fire Blast to cut those cuties down to size (well...in half), even faster!

BUILT IN TUTORIAL
Nothing can be more embarrassing than a rookie-reaper messing up his or her first Cutie kill - we know this - so we've implemented the tools to help you become a lean, mean cutie killing machine!

OTHER COOL FEATURES
Full iOS4 support including fast app switching

Endless, addictive cutie-soul harvesting fun! Bloody!

PRESS QUOTES:

EDGE MAGAZINE:
"The adorable presentation (albeit of genocide) makes it a delight."
07-08-2010, 10:40 PM
#2
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: 英國劍橋
Posts: 1,569
So, wait, I'm confused. We need to buy this again or, is this an update, or???

EDIT: Well, if this is a new version where the animation and screen flicker has been fixed, I'm not so happy about having to buy it again...

Original thread: HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBinaryMill View Post
Hi ataloss,

Thanks for the welcome :-)

We had not encountered your issue on any of our dev units (ipod gen1 through to 3GS) during BETA testing, but upon closer inspection on our 3GS, we can see the artifacting you speak of - on the 3GS only - it is indeed very subtle. Rest assured that it's not a fundamental code issue, and won't effect the game at all - it's simply a sprite element needing a tweak which we'll roll out in the next patch.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Cheers,
- Ingmar
The Binary Mill

Last edited by ataloss; 07-08-2010 at 10:54 PM.

07-08-2010, 10:54 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
So, wait, I'm confused. We need to buy this again or, is this an update, or???

I do remember asking about this some time ago, and it was vaguely promised to be updated. But..
..

okay... confused.

Anyone?
Hey ataloss - the last time BFD was on the store it was published by another company (we developed it), however they are no longer in business and it was subsequently removed from the store. There is unfortunately no way to transfer the people that purchased it before over. So instead of letting the project die all together, we thought we'd bring it back.

I've PM'd you a promo code as I recall having discussed this with you in a previous thread

On the plus side for new purchasers, we are now able to support the product properly, as before we were unable to. There's already a 1.1 patch in review addressing all of the issues brought up in the last version.

Thanks,
- Ingmar

Edit: The flicker has been fixed in 1.1

Last edited by TheBinaryMill; 07-08-2010 at 10:59 PM.
07-08-2010, 10:57 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 107
What were the odds of the first post being of someone who'd bought the previous version?

It must have sold well for you guys to bring it back from the dead.

I'd buy it, but i've used all my iTunes budget for the week.. I'll say something nice next week :P
07-09-2010, 07:07 AM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: 英國劍橋
Posts: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
What were the odds of the first post being of someone who'd bought the previous version?
...well, heh... I'm just lucky like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBinaryMill View Post
Hey ataloss - the last time BFD was on the store it was published by another company (we developed it), however they are no longer in business and it was subsequently removed from the store. There is unfortunately no way to transfer the people that purchased it before over. So instead of letting the project die all together, we thought we'd bring it back.

I've PM'd you a promo code as I recall having discussed this with you in a previous thread

On the plus side for new purchasers, we are now able to support the product properly, as before we were unable to. There's already a 1.1 patch in review addressing all of the issues brought up in the last version.

Thanks,
- Ingmar

Edit: The flicker has been fixed in 1.1
Thanks!

That's excellent news and many thanks for the code! I hope others pick up on this because the game is bloody good fun, especially after have such a bloody bad day (seriously...).

Anyway, looking forward to that bloody great update to hit the bloody App Store for more bloody great fun...

(Sorry TAers, really had a bloody bad day... )

Looking forward to where this game could possibly go. Are you guys intent on adding more to this, even being open to suggestions?
07-10-2010, 09:16 AM
#6
You're welcome - hope your day picked up!

We're going to ensure we deliver Bloody Fun Day as it was originally intended to be played. When 1.1 goes live, we will have accomplished that. After then, who knows!

We'd certainly welcome any suggestions

Cheers,
- Ingmar

Last edited by TheBinaryMill; 07-10-2010 at 10:26 AM.
07-10-2010, 09:39 AM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBinaryMill View Post
You're welcome - hope your day picked up!

We're going to ensure we deliver Bloody Fun Day as it was originally intended to be played. When 1.1 goes live, we will have accomplished that. After then, who knows!

We'd certainly welcome and suggestions

Cheers,
- Ingmar
It was/is a great little strategy gem!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-11-2010, 07:48 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 107
Finally got a new iTunes card... An subsequently taxed it totally dry (damn you Apple!)

Game runs smoothy, looks great and is actually quite addictive. A save mode would be pretty cool (I suppose with OS 4 you could just leave it running forever instead)..

There's a slight glitch involve horizontal lines on the souls, have you guys fixed that on the patch that's coming?
07-11-2010, 11:01 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 438
I suggest you make the description a bit longer, possibly quote iTunes reviews, and explain the game in depth. Describe the gameplay, powerups, add a couple more paragraphs to it.

Not a huge fan of the icon either, but that's just my opinion. In the second screenshot, there's a picture of the main reaper (standing on the phone) slashing his scythe through a critter, now that would make an awesome icon. Minus the blood.

This is an excellent game though. Great fun.
07-11-2010, 11:49 PM
#10
Not to be a pain in the ass, but isn't it in slightly poor taste to allude to "Bloody Sunday" so cheerfully?