Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-08-2010, 11:00 PM

Default A Bloody Fun Day! - By The Binary Mill

Old 07-08-2010, 11:40 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

So, wait, I'm confused. We need to buy this again or, is this an update, or???

EDIT: Well, if this is a new version where the animation and screen flicker has been fixed, I'm not so happy about having to buy it again...

Original thread: HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBinaryMill View Post
Hi ataloss,

Thanks for the welcome :-)

We had not encountered your issue on any of our dev units (ipod gen1 through to 3GS) during BETA testing, but upon closer inspection on our 3GS, we can see the artifacting you speak of - on the 3GS only - it is indeed very subtle. Rest assured that it's not a fundamental code issue, and won't effect the game at all - it's simply a sprite element needing a tweak which we'll roll out in the next patch.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Cheers,
- Ingmar
The Binary Mill

Last edited by ataloss; 07-08-2010 at 11:54 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
So, wait, I'm confused. We need to buy this again or, is this an update, or???

I do remember asking about this some time ago, and it was vaguely promised to be updated. But..

okay... confused.

Anyone?
Hey ataloss - the last time BFD was on the store it was published by another company (we developed it), however they are no longer in business and it was subsequently removed from the store. There is unfortunately no way to transfer the people that purchased it before over. So instead of letting the project die all together, we thought we'd bring it back.

I've PM'd you a promo code as I recall having discussed this with you in a previous thread

On the plus side for new purchasers, we are now able to support the product properly, as before we were unable to. There's already a 1.1 patch in review addressing all of the issues brought up in the last version.

Thanks,
- Ingmar

Edit: The flicker has been fixed in 1.1

Last edited by TheBinaryMill; 07-08-2010 at 11:59 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 11:57 PM

What were the odds of the first post being of someone who'd bought the previous version?

It must have sold well for you guys to bring it back from the dead.

I'd buy it, but i've used all my iTunes budget for the week.. I'll say something nice next week :P
Old 07-09-2010, 08:07 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper View Post
What were the odds of the first post being of someone who'd bought the previous version?
...well, heh... I'm just lucky like that...

Quote:
Hey ataloss - the last time BFD was on the store it was published by another company (we developed it), however they are no longer in business and it was subsequently removed from the store. There is unfortunately no way to transfer the people that purchased it before over. So instead of letting the project die all together, we thought we'd bring it back.

I've PM'd you a promo code as I recall having discussed this with you in a previous thread

On the plus side for new purchasers, we are now able to support the product properly, as before we were unable to. There's already a 1.1 patch in review addressing all of the issues brought up in the last version.

Thanks,
- Ingmar

Edit: The flicker has been fixed in 1.1
Thanks!

That's excellent news and many thanks for the code! I hope others pick up on this because the game is bloody good fun, especially after have such a bloody bad day (seriously...).

Anyway, looking forward to that bloody great update to hit the bloody App Store for more bloody great fun...

(Sorry TAers, really had a bloody bad day... )

Looking forward to where this game could possibly go. Are you guys intent on adding more to this, even being open to suggestions?
Old 07-10-2010, 10:16 AM

You're welcome - hope your day picked up!

We're going to ensure we deliver Bloody Fun Day as it was originally intended to be played. When 1.1 goes live, we will have accomplished that. After then, who knows!

We'd certainly welcome any suggestions

Cheers,
- Ingmar

Last edited by TheBinaryMill; 07-10-2010 at 11:26 AM..
Old 07-10-2010, 10:39 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
You're welcome - hope your day picked up!

We're going to ensure we deliver Bloody Fun Day as it was originally intended to be played. When 1.1 goes live, we will have accomplished that. After then, who knows!

We'd certainly welcome and suggestions

Cheers,
- Ingmar
It was/is a great little strategy gem!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:48 PM

Finally got a new iTunes card... An subsequently taxed it totally dry (damn you Apple!)

Game runs smoothy, looks great and is actually quite addictive. A save mode would be pretty cool (I suppose with OS 4 you could just leave it running forever instead)..

There's a slight glitch involve horizontal lines on the souls, have you guys fixed that on the patch that's coming?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:01 AM
iPhone 4S

I suggest you make the description a bit longer, possibly quote iTunes reviews, and explain the game in depth. Describe the gameplay, powerups, add a couple more paragraphs to it.

Not a huge fan of the icon either, but that's just my opinion. In the second screenshot, there's a picture of the main reaper (standing on the phone) slashing his scythe through a critter, now that would make an awesome icon. Minus the blood.

This is an excellent game though. Great fun.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:49 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Not to be a pain in the ass, but isn't it in slightly poor taste to allude to "Bloody Sunday" so cheerfully?