★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

game to promote retail website (looking for programmer/artist)

07-08-2010, 11:49 PM
game to promote retail website (looking for programmer/artist)

I would like to make a game to promote a retail website.

I do not have a game concept per se, however I the game probably would involve our product(s) being used as weapons in a shooter type game.

This game would not be sold but given away free. The more free downloads the more traffic that directs to our site. Our brand awareness increases and maybe publicity will follow. The game can (if possible) provide discount codes/links based on performance or merely playing the game.

Or maybe the game would be an epic failure and accomplish none of the above. Either way, these games are not terribly expensive to make and it would be a fun experiment.

If you are a programmer or artist and would like to help (in exchange for something like money) please contact me.

I'm also interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this concept or whether there are any known examples of this type of marketing experiment.
07-09-2010, 12:02 AM
nestlequick,

I would be very careful with this approach. If the game is an epic failure it can have a very negative affect on your desired branding. With a project like this you might as well go all in. Great game concept and great game play need to come first in this process. The execution of the app can be bought. The idea or spark is the building block, that is the hardest part and is often the missing element towards success.

STR8TS , STR8TS 6X6 , DOMINO DICE , PUZZLE DICE,
CAVEMAN TEST, 1 TO 25, SUDOKU+STR8TS, ZARTE, ABSORB WATER, YOU, TIME SHEET (PHOTO VERIFIED),Office Alarm, Travel weather, dock clock,

Last edited by Syndicated Puzzles; 07-09-2010 at 12:13 AM.