07-10-2010, 07:44 AM
#21
Quote:
Originally Posted by weakfl View Post
Version 1.0.3 submitted for approval.
Yes! Now I can properly destroy everyone on the leaderboards

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
07-10-2010, 07:43 PM
#22
Looks like the update adreses all my concerns. This game is awesome, I played lazrhog's version lots and loved it, but since the iOS4 update it has been unplayable so this is a real relief! And it is much smoother, nothing wrong with the other version, but the sound and feel of this one are right on.

Also in Psy mode, when you press the secondary button, is movement of your ship supposed to completely freeze? I don't remember if it was like that in Lazrhogs game or not.

I still love Noiz2sa though Lazrhog! Actually, is it possible to tone down the 'rectangles' part of your fighter ship(that surround the red square hit-zone) in Noiz2sa, they are really big and make dodging the bullets difficult, if you made them transparent like in rRootage and smaller it would be ideal.. Though Im not sure if this goes against the Kenta Cho game design too much. Noiz2sa is my go-to game for a quick gaming fix.

And I would actually love if you put that update through for rRootage.. because now I can't even open it, and Im definitely not going to just delete it.

Hope to see more Kenta Cho getting ported from one of you(devs of this game and Lazrhog), they are my favorite shooters on the app store.

Don't mean to sound greedy or anything, love the love you guys are giving us with these great free games as is.

07-11-2010, 05:33 AM
#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvy View Post
Also in Psy mode, when you press the secondary button, is movement of your ship supposed to completely freeze? I don't remember if it was like that in Lazrhogs game or not.
No, it's not. The controls are the next issue I'm going to address.
I was mainly concerned about performance for the first release and it's a spare time project, so I don't have as much time for testing as I'd like.

I'll probably also add an options screen. Beside the request for music/sfx settings, I also had some requests for autofire and other ways to trigger specials (optional on screen button).
07-11-2010, 05:41 AM
#24
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 197
Would you be able to put in a help screen of some kind? Because I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing for the special modes.

Games tested/testing: Arcane Clash, Trainyard, Zenses, Gravity Runner
07-11-2010, 05:55 AM
#25
@weakfl: i'm joining in the chorus to thank you for this great conversion- i'm sure once the update is out, it'll be the definitive port of the game!

Hrm, now, if only someone with obvious, godly skills like, oh i dunno, Weakfl and Lazrhog would team up, and port Cho Ren Sha 68K...
07-11-2010, 09:41 AM
#26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos999 View Post
Would you be able to put in a help screen of some kind? Because I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing for the special modes.
I'll look into it. Meanwhile you can find an explanation of the game modes on the itunes page (click on more).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusT_HounD View Post
@weakfl: i'm joining in the chorus to thank you for this great conversion- i'm sure once the update is out, it'll be the definitive port of the game!
Thanks!

Quote:
Hrm, now, if only someone with obvious, godly skills like, oh i dunno, Weakfl and Lazrhog would team up, and port Cho Ren Sha 68K...
I think the source code hasn't been released, has it?
07-11-2010, 12:46 PM
#27
I'm a huge fan of rRootage and can't wait to play this version. What a pleasant surprise!

Now Playing: Danmaku Unlimited 2 | Year Walk | Battle of the Bulge | DJMAX RAY | Groove Coaster Zero | Battle Academy | SmartGo Kifu | Eighty-Eight | Lead Wars
07-11-2010, 08:32 PM
#28
Does anyone have a sensitivity issue on iP4? When I move my finger to the left slowly on my iP4 it doesnt track my movement very well. Overtime, the effect is my finger sliding off of the left slide of the screen because it doesnt track all my leftward movements. My 3GS does not have this problem. The easiest way to test this is to go to an easy level and slowly scroll your finger to the left. Does it track as well to the left on iP4 as it does to the right? I thought that it might be my phone so I went into maps and scrolled left and right while holding my finger to the glass. It tracks perfectly on the maps app so I know its not a hardware issue. Let me know what you guys see on your iP4s. Thank You
07-11-2010, 08:40 PM
#29
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by learjetzoom View Post
Does anyone have a sensitivity issue on iP4? When I move my finger to the left slowly on my iP4 it doesnt track my movement very well. Overtime, the effect is my finger sliding off of the left slide of the screen because it doesnt track all my leftward movements. My 3GS does not have this problem. The easiest way to test this is to go to an easy level and slowly scroll your finger to the left. Does it track as well to the left on iP4 as it does to the right? I thought that it might be my phone so I went into maps and scrolled left and right while holding my finger to the glass. It tracks perfectly on the maps app so I know its not a hardware issue. Let me know what you guys see on your iP4s. Thank You
It's been noted on the comments on the front page article. The developer is looking into it.
07-12-2010, 03:40 AM
#30
Quote:
Originally Posted by learjetzoom View Post
Does anyone have a sensitivity issue on iP4?
I almost expected that because of the increased screen resolution, but didn't have new hardware to test. Of course it's working fine in the simulator...

If you (or anybody else with an iPhone4) can test an adhoc build, please send me a mail (miko [at] fraglab.at) with your device id.

thx!