★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The mighty crime Syndicate needs a navigator to manage ships transporting cargo and passengers in the quarantined Angelhill sector, and you're it!

Space ship captains will rely on you to safely guide their ships in and out of the sector.

Load the ships. Leave the area through a jump gate. It's simple.

Or is it? Watch out for cops, mines, asteroids, malfunctioning equipment and secret weapons!

REVIEWS
"Blockade is a challenging new entry for line drawing titles and genre fans will definitely not be disappointed." - AppSpy.com

"highly recommended" and "definitely slappy" - AppSlappy podcast

DESCRIPTION
For fans of line drawing and time management games or space and science fiction: Blockade is here to redefine the genre and blow your mind, with stunning graphics and brilliant gameplay dynamics.

- Defy the Blockade by Galactic Authorities: Join the fight for freedom - or for profit and glory!

- Rise to the challenge: Unlock new missions by securing shipments

- Escape the law: Police will try to stop your ships and take your cargo...

- Think about the economy: Ships are valuable. Do not crash!

- Avoid obstacles: Secret Weapons, Mines, Asteroids

- Overcome your limitations: Fight time and stress! Become the best Navigator!

- Play it again: 8 unique missions ensure countless hours of gameplay

- Be there: Immerse yourself in the game thanks to beautiful space environments and perfectly suited music.

FEATURES
- Engaging storyline

- 8 missions
* Escape From F00
* Checkpoint
* Close To Home
* The Weapon
* The Long Haul
* Central Command
* Minefield
* Hideout

- Immersive space environments and music

- Mesmerizing special effects

- Unique ship designs

- Smooth gameplay

- Autosave -> Game saves if you receive a call, or just want to check your e-mail

- Fast-forward button -> Warp time, if you are that good!

- Compete with other Navigators with AGON Online Leaderboards

- Unlock 18 Awards!

Devilishly Good's comments:

07-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Game Impressions

A great line drawer mixing many of the best elements of Harbor Master and Astroserf with many of its own unique twists (like getting pulled over by the Angelhill Space Police).

There are a series of 8 missions to unlock but, just like the other great line drawers out there, each of these missions is an endless survival like situation where you see how much cargo can be delivered until you have a collision (getting pulled over by the Space Police is not a game ender, just a fact of life that creates a temporary obstacle for your other ships to navigate around and will mean the loss of whatever points you would have made by delivering that cargo).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

07-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Thanks, Lord Gek.
I bought the game thanks to the review. I have so far unlocked 4 missions and I absolutely love the game. The backgrounds are beautiful. They actually reminded me of the covers of sic-fi novels. There are a lot of little touches that make the game great like spinning landing platforms, pulsating engines on the ships and beautiful particle effects. Music and sounds add a great deal of atmosphere to the game as well. The music score, in fact, is one of the best I've heard in a game and suits the space theme perfectly.
The gameplay is very polished. Getting the balance between enjoyment and challenge is not easy but the devs pulled it off. The fast forward button is included, but I don't think you can really utilize it because things get pretty hectic fast. I like the unique way in which the ships arrive. They don't fly in off screen, but jump in to any point on the map. Thankfully the jump in indicator provides plenty of time for other ships to be diverted.
So far the game is great. I can highly recommend it.

One criticism I do have is the game icon on the iDevice. It's terrible compared to iTunes icon. Part of the ship is covered by Agon logo. I think that iTunes store icon should be used instead (without the agon logo or at least only the symbol without the letters).

I hope the dev comes to the thread to discuss the game.
07-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Send a message via ICQ to zeraien Send a message via AIM to zeraien Send a message via Yahoo to zeraien Send a message via Skype™ to zeraien
The Devs Doth Come :)

Hi!

I'm the designer and programmer behind Blockade and I'm very happy to hear your reviews and praise, as will the others in the dev team as soon as I link them to this thread!

I'm happy if your only critique is that the icon for the device is subpar! The iTunes icon was created during a later stage of development and we didn't really have time or brains to update the smaller icon... For the coming update we'll probably update the smaller icon to look like the iTunes icon or something to that extent.

I'm looking forward to more feedback, criticisms and suggestions!

In the mean time, keep the ships flowing! The freedom of Angelhill depends on you!
07-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Game Impressions

@Zeraien

Not only am I loving how you guys really have made each map a unique twist (different layouts and usually some weird little unique challenges), but like how unlocking further maps is always based on the previous map's career statistics. If you can only manage to pull 5-15 deliveries per game, no worry, just persevere and you'll eventual see that next map.

My iTunes Reviews
07-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Send a message via ICQ to zeraien Send a message via AIM to zeraien Send a message via Yahoo to zeraien Send a message via Skype™ to zeraien
Unique missions

Hi!

The uniqueness of the missions has always been one of the main design ideas.

It is something that has been an issue for me in other games in the genre, where, with few exceptions, you are just doing the same thing with different eye candy. In Blockade each mission was given a unique identify long before we designed the backdrops!

And it's nice to know that - according to both LordGek (thanks!) and our review at apptilt - we have may actually have pulled it off!

Thanks again for your praise! Now let's hope we can sell some copies, so we can focus on making more games! ;-P
07-12-2010, 08:37 PM
The Gek man comes through again. Whenever a line-drawing must have hits the streets, my main man Gek gives me the scoop. Man was he right with this one. Everything he says is spot on. It really does seem like a mix up of a couple other line drawing games on the market. I have been bored with the genre as nothing too exciting has come out recently (besides new harbor master hd maps), but this one is great. If you are a line drawing fan, stop reading, buy this app.

I will probably report back later in week after i get further

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive

Last edited by heffdog116; 07-12-2010 at 08:39 PM.
11-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Update Announcement!

Hi guys,

It's been a while, I know. But we at One Day Beard have been working at bringing some refreshing new features and functionality to Blockade, ones we think our current gamers will love. Hopefully we can also bring it back into the spotlight so that more gamers can experience Blockade!

If you have Blockade and have comments/suggestions please let us know. While it may not make the next update, we can take them into consideration for future updates, or future games.

So, an update is on the horizon! An exact date hasn't been set, but it should be relatively soon.

Stay tuned for more info!
11-04-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziekke View Post
Hi guys,

It's been a while, I know. But we at One Day Beard have been working at bringing some refreshing new features and functionality to Blockade, ones we think our current gamers will love. Hopefully we can also bring it back into the spotlight so that more gamers can experience Blockade!

If you have Blockade and have comments/suggestions please let us know. While it may not make the next update, we can take them into consideration for future updates, or future games.

So, an update is on the horizon! An exact date hasn't been set, but it should be relatively soon.

Stay tuned for more info!
Cool! How about some random power-ups? Instant Auto Dock, Point Bonus, etc.

My iTunes Reviews
11-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Cool! How about some random power-ups? Instant Auto Dock, Point Bonus, etc.
Thanks for the reply, I was hoping you'd make your way back here

These are solid ideas worth looking into and have been noted. Again, maybe not the next update since we've got the plans for that mapped out and mostly finished, but we're hoping to get another update out afterwards.

We just need more active gamers!

One Day Beard (Twitter: @onedaybeard, @ziekke)
http://onedaybeard.com/

Last edited by Ziekke; 11-04-2011 at 01:30 PM.