★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Much Awaited Physics Puzzle Rafter on iPad Now

07-10-2010, 02:25 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to HariEman
Much Awaited Physics Puzzle Rafter on iPad Now

Product URL: http://www.punflay.com/rafter-ipad-appstore.html

What is Rafter?

Rafter is an engaging and much talked about physics puzzle with 101 levels, now on iPad.

App Description:

After being featured in New and Noteworthy and WHAT WE'RE PLAYING in App Store by Apple, Emantras launches Rafter HD for ipad.

++ 101 levels to keep you at the edge of your seats ++

++ iPad specific features like gravity and fan controls ++

++ Enhanced high definition graphics ++

++ Level Editor - Coming Soon ++

Rafter has 101 progressive levels of challenges. There are multiple solutions to each level, but its upto good ol' you to figure out which one is the best. Oh, and we upped the ante by tying in your scores with the number of moves you make. The equation is simple: Each level has a fixed number of moves and the score increases when you solve the game using the least number of moves.

And while you're trying to do all this, make sure to watch out for swinging platforms, fans and other not-so-friendly objects! Sounds fun doesn't it?

*** Features ***

1. One of its kind physics based game in which the player can sketch objects of required sizes

2. Choice of selecting the type of sketches between circle and rectangle.

3. Open feint enabled to share the scores

4. 101 mind blowing levels with interesting level designs.

5. Witty and highly addictive levels targeting players' drawing skills.

6. Dynamic 'gravity' control function

7. Fan speed and Buoyancy control

Screenshots:

Download Link: http://www.punflay.com/rafter-ipad-appstore.html
07-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Looks interesting. Are all the levels unlocked from the beginning, or are you stuck if you can't solve one of them?

07-13-2010, 03:24 AM
07-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
Looks interesting. Are all the levels unlocked from the beginning, or are you stuck if you can't solve one of them?
Yes ! We have to unlock the levels one by one, thats what makes the game more challenging and pushes it to explore the unseen !

Though soon we are planning a set of challenge levels, which will unlock a bunch of events at once and you can skip a few if you are totally stuck.
07-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HariEman View Post
Yes ! We have to unlock the levels one by one, thats what makes the game more challenging and pushes it to explore the unseen !
Some people can motivate themselves and decide what levels to explore and solve and don't need artificial constraints within the game.
07-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:

Though soon we are planning a set of challenge levels, which will unlock a bunch of events at once and you can skip a few if you are totally stuck.
That sounds good.

I would say that personally, having each level having to be solved, can leave me in a quandry if, for whatever reason, I can't solve that level - I am done - game is over. I will come back to try and solve it, but if I can't, at some point, I stop, and delete the game.

A much better scheme that seems to be well eimployed is to have a certain number of levels open at any give time, that way the player can skip one or 2 levels if they need to, and still go on to other puzzles. It is really no fun to get stuck, and I generally don't go looking for answers.

Just some food for thought. I love the artwork btw!

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
What you call "more challenging", I see as "needlessly restrictive and frustrating".

I certainly support your right to this theory, but for the most part, I have stopped buying games that do this. The fun of the first levels is rarely enough to make up for the frustration when I get stuck on one.

Michael
07-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I liked the way "geared" opened 5 levels at a time so if you get stuck on a few, you can still keep playing.

Any impressions of this game ?
07-04-2011, 03:04 AM
To celebrate the 4th of July, Rafter is on sale for 99 cents
07-04-2011, 03:29 AM
seems like it's time to rock my mind~