★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

App Promotion, Site Promotion and Job Listings Policies

10-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Administrator [Original Poster]
App Promotion, Site Promotion and Job Listings Policies

Hi guys,

Just to clarify what I consider our policies here.

1) Developers are welcome to post an announcement about their apps and engage in discussion with our forum members. This has worked really well, and I think everyone's interests are aligned. I ask that developers clearly identify themselves, however.

2) Site promotion is not allowed. Posting new threads for the sole purpose of linking to your site is called "spam", no matter what the topic. Whether it be about your iPhone site or about "Making Money Fast", it's the same intent, so we don't allow it.

3) Job recruitment. This can be a more borderline topic, but there are many companies who are looking for iPhone developers, but we don't allow such recruitment posts as they are commercial in nature, and maybe we'll open a job board, but right now we don't have one.
10-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Send a message via AIM to STP_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to STP_Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
Hi guys,

Just to clarify what I consider our policies here.

1) Developers are welcome to post an announcement about their apps and engage in discussion with our forum members. This has worked really well, and I think everyone's interests are aligned. I ask that developers clearly identify themselves, however.

2) Site promotion is not allowed. Posting new threads for the sole purpose of linking to your site is called "spam", no matter what the topic. Whether it be about your iPhone site or about "Making Money Fast", it's the same intent, so we don't allow it.

3) Job recruitment. This can be a more borderline topic, but there are many companies who are looking for iPhone developers, but we don't allow such recruitment posts as they are commercial in nature, and maybe we'll open a job board, but right now we don't have one.
Hi Arn--

How about linking to stories on other sites that pertain to a discussion?

Thanks!

steve

Steve Palley, www.slidetoplay.com

10-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Administrator [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Steve View Post
How about linking to stories on other sites that pertain to a discussion?
That's allowed within reason... In the end, people should be participating in the conversation, not just trying to promote their site. (MattB of FingerGaming, for example, does a very good job of that, and I appreciate his participation on these forums).

arn
10-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Rules sound fine with me. But how bout avatars or moderators. Any chance of us getting them.

Top Secret Eyes Only
10-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Send a message via AIM to STP_Steve Send a message via Yahoo to STP_Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
That's allowed within reason... In the end, people should be participating in the conversation, not just trying to promote their site. (MattB of FingerGaming, for example, does a very good job of that, and I appreciate his participation on these forums).

arn
Sounds good. This is a great community and an awesome resource; I'm going to try to bring something to the table.

Steve Palley, www.slidetoplay.com
10-18-2008, 01:46 PM
bascially, dont believe anyone who has only one post under their belt...
if the developers want to create all these fake accounts, they need to have at least 10 to 25 posts before i take them seriously

this is a very warm, open place...and consumers can congregate and discuss their passions, developers..there is no reason to pretend your a random folk who just stumbled upon an app that changed the world...
10-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
bascially, dont believe anyone who has only one post under their belt...
if the developers want to create all these fake accounts, they need to have at least 10 to 25 posts before i take them seriously

this is a very warm, open place...and consumers can congregate and discuss their passions, developers..there is no reason to pretend your a random folk who just stumbled upon an app that changed the world...
Hey mek stop stealing my lines
10-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehuge View Post
Hey mek stop stealing my lines
hey im always saying where are ya -lol-
10-18-2008, 08:19 PM
What about average Joes like myself posting that they have an idea and looking for developers to help turn it into reality?

Of course, I have to get my stuff in order before I go that route, but I am well on my way!
10-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Oops sorry! I already posted a job recruitment thread but now that I know...... well I just won't do it.