★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Jarod Lim
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 23.5 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: Featured under What's Hot in Greece, France, Malaysia, Mexico, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, Canada, U.S. and many more countries

With over 100,000 downloaded, were getting closer to our 120,000th download. Thank you to all who have downloaded the app. We appreciate both compliments and criticism and we do try to continue to improve the game. With that here is Version 2.0.

Was Top 25 in Games/Sports in many countries including US, UK, Canada

A new kind of tossing game. Challenge your skill with Backyard Card Toss. Accuracy and consistency is the key. See how much score you can get in the Challenge mode or take your time in the Endless mode. It's not just another paper toss but more like a ninja with shurikens except you are tossing card :) Improve your accuracy and consistency to get higher score or just try your swiping skill in either Bulls-Eye or Wind-Toss mode. Use the optional accelerometer control to aid in your toss (Endless and Challenge mode). Share your score with others through the online leaderboards with OpenFeint support. Collect all OpenFeint Achievements. Set in the lush realistic green environment with relaxing ambient sound and effects, let yourself go and immerse in the game.

Features:
- Total of 20 leaderboards to master.
- Endless Mode
- Challenge Mode
- Wind-Toss
- Bulls-Eye
- Realistic environment
- Relaxing sound and effects
- Optional accelerometer support for better control and accuracy
- Feels just like tossing cards for real
- Crazy card tossing fun without the need of picking them up later!
- Play your favorite music in the background while playing

Note: If you use the accelerometer, tilt left and right to control the flight of the card and tilt up to stop the card forward movement.

Note: If you have problem loading the game, power down and restart you iPhone/iPod.

Jarod Lim's comments:
It's going free for an unspecified period. 50000 download so far in 3 days. Get it while it's free. Thanks for all the support.

07-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Anyone tried this ? I love tossing games but am used to the perfect control of paper toss. I am wondering if this game has a good feel with good physics and control.

07-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Anyone tried this ? I love tossing games but am used to the perfect control of paper toss. I am wondering if this game has a good feel with good physics and control.
Hi cranker,

I'm Jarod Lim, the developer of the game. Therefore my response here might be bias . I have tweaked and tested the controls (with as many people as possible) to feel as realistic as possible but at the same time not too realistic as to punish the user. To give the user even more finer control, we've also added an optional accelerometer control. That is all I can say on my behalf. I would also like to hear from others who have bought the game what they think about in here or through the ingame forum.

Jarod Lim
07-10-2010, 01:47 PM
I will be playing it on the iPad so are accelerometer controls necessary?
07-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
I will be playing it on the iPad so are accelerometer controls necessary?
Accelerometer control is not necessary. It's optional. In fact the default setting on the main screen is accelerometer off.
07-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Game Impressions

I think this is better than paper toss personally, but keep in mind I didn't think much of that game.

Gameplay is smooth, control is great. (Haven't tried accelerometer yet.) Physics are pretty much spot on and as described above: not fully realistic (the cards always stay flat and travel in a straight line,) but realistic in terms of the gameplay feeling right.

Couple of things I'd like to see added, if only as options:

Wind.

Different face cards. Why not use the whole deck? In fact, that would open up possibilities for many interesting game modes: score multiplied by card face value? Attempt to make poker hands? Really, so many possibilities. Dev? What do you think?

In any case, a definite recommendation.
07-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Sold.
07-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I think this is better than paper toss personally, but keep in mind I didn't think much of that game.

Gameplay is smooth, control is great. (Haven't tried accelerometer yet.) Physics are pretty much spot on and as described above: not fully realistic (the cards always stay flat and travel in a straight line,) but realistic in terms of the gameplay feeling right.

Couple of things I'd like to see added, if only as options:

Wind.

Different face cards. Why not use the whole deck? In fact, that would open up possibilities for many interesting game modes: score multiplied by card face value? Attempt to make poker hands? Really, so many possibilities. Dev? What do you think?

In any case, a definite recommendation.

Thank you for that feedback Gabrien. Some of the stuff you mentioned is definitely something I would seriously consider for future updates. I probably I would put it in different game modes with their own leaderboards
07-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Working on updates.....stay tune.
07-11-2010, 11:37 PM
This game is pretty fun but I don't feel in control in the same way as paper toss. The control is just ok for me. Unless the control and feel are spot on, it's hard to get really good at the game.

Last edited by cranker; 07-11-2010 at 11:39 PM.