★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Roamular, LLC
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 3.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "This app is probably the most puzzling puzzle app in the iTunes App Store.","Ro is a game you will most definitely get your moneys worth. There is a lot of game play, which is challenging and fun at the same time" ~crazymikesapps.com

"One of the most innovative apps i've come across in the Apps Store. It's the easy to learn, but a lifetime to master kind of puzzle game." ~ Appcraver.com

"Not only are you looking for something that is unique, its nice to have it look good, be challenging, and work well. Time to say hello to Ro. Ro is pretty much everything I mentioned and than some." ~ appVersity.com

Ro is "Simply Complex", it's an elegant and intuitive puzzle which blends original and amazing artwork with clever animations. The Ro puzzles are approachable to new players, yet scale to challenge the most advanced players.

The object of the game Ro, is to restore the original image of each puzzle by unscrambling the rings. A player simply has to touch a ring, and move it in the desired rotation direction. Other rings will rotate in response, according to the unique rules of each puzzle.

The challenge for the player is to determine the unique rotation rules for each puzzle, mastering the puzzles to then unlock more difficult levels.

KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:

Replace the puzzle images with your own photos!
4 Levels of challenge.
Simple intuitive interface.
Easy in, easy out gameplay.
Each level features puzzles with increasing complexity.
Auto restart continues your current game after device interruptions.
Number of moves and time to solve each puzzle are recorded so each replay is a new challenge.

Duael's comments:
Roamular & Duael Designs are proud to announce Ro, a casual puzzle game for the iTouch / iPhone.

A scrambled image puzzle using rotating off-center rings, ranges from very easy to extremely hard.

Review can be seen at
http://www.appcraver.com/ro/

Rated U, for "U can't solve them all".
02-28-2009, 07:39 PM
I understand there are four levels, but how many different puzzles are there?

02-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
There a 5 puzzles for each level.
20 total.
But, each time you replay a game, the scrambled start state can be different....so there is more variety than 20 would suggest.

Duael
Ro
03-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Are there going to be any more levels added or the ability to use your own pictures?

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
03-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Added features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palfince View Post
Are there going to be any more levels added or the ability to use your own pictures?
We have talked about adding that obvious feature.
But, we found during development that complex images can make even the simple puzzles almost impossible to solve.

You can solve any of these puzzles by "brute force accident", rotating randomly until solved, but the current design uses controlled images that allow you to visualize the "Parent-Child" relationship between rotating rings.

Those that choose to understand this relationship will be able to approach each puzzle with confidence, and they can then attempt to beat a previous score (time, and/or # moves).

As for other levels.
We are waiting to see the results from players as to how they fell about its current state of "repeat playability".

Duael
Developer of RO

Last edited by Duael; 03-01-2009 at 12:12 PM.
03-03-2009, 05:21 PM
so... anyone played the game? cause the reviewers of it in the app store only reviewed this game (i mean ever).
03-03-2009, 05:24 PM
I bought it but don't really understand it.

Then again the puzzle games I don't understand at first tend to become my favorite ones
03-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post

Then again the puzzle games I don't understand at first tend to become my favorite ones
Thank you for buying GatorDeb.

This puzzle is based on a object hierarchy called the "Parent Child Relationship". That is to say, one objects movement (parent), causes another object (child), to follow.....but moving the child will not cause the parent to move.
Add to this the act of + or - rotational values applied to the child (children).

This relationship is a common working tool for 3d animators, a profession in which I work, and can be demonstrated here, in a movie file at our website.
http://www.duael.com/ro/in_tip2.htm
http://www.duael.com/ro

We have used images that clearly show the angle (90, 180, 270, 0) of a given ring, so you can better plan a move(s), as in the movie file above.

Hope this helps.
03-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post

Thank you for buying GatorDeb.

This puzzle is based on a object hierarchy called the "Parent Child Relationship". That is to say, one objects movement (parent), causes another object (child), to follow.....but moving the child will not cause the parent to move.
Add to this the act of + or - rotational values applied to the child (children).

This relationship is a common working tool for 3d animators, a profession in which I work, and can be demonstrated here, in a movie file at our website.
http://www.duael.com/ro/in_tip2.htm
http://www.duael.com/ro

We have used images that clearly show the angle (90, 180, 270, 0) of a given ring, so you can better plan a move(s), as in the movie file above.

Hope this helps.
Duael
03-17-2009, 06:59 PM
So did anyone else purchase this puzzle game? If so how is it? Is there too much guess work or too much random rotations of the rings involved in solving it?