★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Last Day for 99c Daycare Nightmare

02-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Last Day for 99c Daycare Nightmare

Hey all, to everyone who can't get enough of the Time Management Genre, a reminder that this is the last day apparently of Playfirsts Feb sale of Daycare Nightmare for 99c.

It looks cute but looks a bit too repetitive to me although I think I might try it because the price is gonna go up tomorrow.

Edit: I decided to go and buy it because there is no way I'm gonna spend $4.99 on it and 99c is cheap as hell

App store link
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=297236654&mt=8

Last edited by CandyNJ66; 02-28-2009 at 09:45 PM.
02-28-2009, 08:40 PM
Please post your thoughts on the game. ^ ^

With Airport Mania and Supermarket Mania, I'm not sure if this one is even worth it.

Going by the screen shots alone, the game seems lacking compared to the competition.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

02-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
Please post your thoughts on the game. ^ ^

With Airport Mania and Supermarket Mania, I'm not sure if this one is even worth it.

Going by the screen shots alone, the game seems lacking compared to the competition.
Sure! I am enjoying Daycare Nightmare. It's no Sally's Salon but it's a real challenge. I'm on day 7 and you get more babies as the days progress. The babies can fight too and their happiness meter goes down plus their parents won't tip you well or at all. If you keep a baby continually happy, a halo will appear on top of the baby's head which means if you continue on, you will get a nice fat tip at the end of the day.

Tips can be spent to upgrade in the shop. You can buy items that will really help like toys, food, items that increases the babies happiness or reduces times they have to sleep etc.

You are doing basically the same things at each house so yes it's repetitious but on the on the other hand it's fun. The baby vampires can bite the babysitter, the baby ghosts can turn scary. The fighting babies did amuse me. I do find myself wanting to get better tips and more upgrades. The baby monsters are cute except for the vampire baby. Ugh. lol.

If you like TM games, I would give it a try for 99c. It's nowhere's near as good as Sally's Salon or the other TM games but it's not that easy either. Give it a go if you wish
02-28-2009, 09:40 PM
i think its a pretty okay game, got it when it came out, if you like TM games you'll like it

anyone on the fence can try the pc version free for 1 hour
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download...are/index.html

sorry no mac demo as far as I know of
02-28-2009, 09:51 PM
I liked it - but it's not perfect

I purchased Daycare Nightmare when it was first released. It is the only time management game I have played other than Sally's Salon.

I really liked it (I enjoyed it much more than Sally's Salon). I got my money's worth at the original price and believe it is well worth 99cents if you like time management games. However it is not without its problems.

Once I had beaten all the levels I removed the game from my iPhone. So the following is from memory and might not have all the nit-picking details 100% correct!

What I liked - in no particular order:
1) Story line is original and quirky.
2) I liked the comic book style story screens that are shown when a new development occurs in the game. The majority were shown when you moved to new daycare premises.
3) It was more difficult than Sally's Salon. Most of the 'little monsters' have a low patience threshold. And when they are upset they trigger a chain reaction of upset. Different monsters trigger different types of upsets. For example, when one type of monster was upset they would cry and this would cause the others to need their diapers/nappy changed. Monsters who need changing will get upset if you don't do it fast enough. As you progress through the game the time from an "event" until a monster becomes upset shortens. This can cause a huge chain reaction of upset if you are not very careful. You end up needing to Feed/Sleep/Change/Entertain/Seperate those baby monsters very quickly. It becomes a very frantic game.
4) Gameplay is on one screen. You don't need to scroll to see all of the screen.
5) Some monsters have shorter tolerance levels than others. After playing for a while these differences were noticable and you have to learn how to manage them well. I thought they were more noticable and that they have more of an impact on gameplay than in Sally's Salon.

What I didn't like or what needs improving:
1) The equipment and action stations and baby monsters are far too small for the iPhone screen. It looks like it was just designed to play on the PC and just ported over.
2) You can't queue the activities. So on a level where you have 6 babies and 4 want to be feed at the same time you can't queue them for the highchair and so on.
3) Sometimes too easy to earn $. By halfway through the game I had purchased most of the equipment/upgrades I needed. Just after halfway through game I had purchased all the equipment/upgrades. I finished the game with about $19,000 remaining!
02-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Snow, that was excellent, thanks for posting that!

BTW, I got another TM game Wedding Dash lite and i really like it! I think I might upgrade to the full version. I find it fun to play, challenging and amusing as well.
02-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the reviews and input everyone, you've swayed me into picking this one up.

Backlog+1

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post
3) It was more difficult than Sally's Salon.

5) Some monsters have shorter tolerance levels than others. After playing for a while these differences were noticable and you have to learn how to manage them well. I thought they were more noticable and that they have more of an impact on gameplay than in Sally's Salon.
I totally agree with you now! I can see it already becoming harder than Sally's Salon and I'm just in the beginning levels.

I also like that different variables impacted the gameplay in this game like the babies behaviors.

It can get quite frantic like you said. It may look cutesy but the gameplay is def not too easy.
03-01-2009, 01:46 AM
My 8 yr old daughter got pretty far in this game. I haven't yet though but for a buck not too shabby though.
03-01-2009, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
My 8 yr old daughter got pretty far in this game. I haven't yet though but for a buck not too shabby though.
Good for her! I bet my 3 year old lil niece could get farther than me! haha! Your little girl must be quite good at managing those baby monsters.

yeah it's not a bad deal at all for a buck. Now that's it sunday, I suppose it will go back to regular price unless they extend it.