★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

promo codes are only for the US ?

07-11-2010, 07:04 PM
#1
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 30
promo codes are only for the US ?

are all promo codes for the US only ? if so why cant every were have them ?
07-11-2010, 07:08 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,013
Yes, promo codes are only for the US store. I personally don't know why Apple decided to do this, but this is how it is.

07-11-2010, 07:12 PM
#3
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 30
if i made a US account and used a promo code on that account would i be able to gift it to my real account ? and thank for the help
07-11-2010, 07:13 PM
#4
I've seen only one instance where a promo code offered in this forum was for a non-US App Store. Other than that case, it appears to be all US for now.


"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
07-11-2010, 07:13 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Zangetsu View Post
if i made a US account and used a promo code on that account would i be able to gift it to my real account ? and thank for the help
No. When you gift an app it takes money out of the account, which means you would need to have money in the US account.
07-11-2010, 07:19 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 30
shame well looks like il just have to keep buying all my games ow well thanks for all the help
07-11-2010, 07:38 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
No. When you gift an app it takes money out of the account, which means you would need to have money in the US account.
Plus, you can only gift apps to accounts in the same country.
07-12-2010, 04:59 AM
#8
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,678
Actually, you can make a US account [no credit card needed] and just use it to redeem those promos. That's what pretty much everyone else does.
07-12-2010, 05:31 AM
#9
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 8,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
Actually, you can make a US account [no credit card needed] and just use it to redeem those promos. That's what pretty much everyone else does.
This. Exactly what a few people I know and myself do.

Invaders Must Die.
07-12-2010, 04:32 PM
#10
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 30
If I made a US account would I be able to put those games on my iPhone along with my UK account games ?