★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ANVI-Soft
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 1.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Torius is the most original match-3 game for your iphone. Just move lines of cubes to get 3 or more similar items in row.
Game field has torus topology. This is why we named it Torius.
Make good combination to get next level faster. Otherwise you will get bad items on the field.

No more words, just try it because Torius is free now and forever!

Ahot's comments:
Hi,

This is my new slide to match-3 game = TORIUS!
It's simple but I guaranty you will enjoy playing it.
It has smooth visual effects, nice sounds and very original concept.

There are free and $.99 versions:

Torius - free
Torius Pro - for cents

Torius Pro doesn't have ads and provide longer game play because of bigger field.
07-12-2010, 07:04 AM
looks a bit like Trism

07-12-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
looks a bit like Trism
Exactly what I was going to say mate. Top man.

Invaders Must Die.
07-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Well, I can say this isn't a bad game. The graphical styling intrigued me, so I picked up the free version. It looks quite nice, plays well and is very smooth overall.

That said, it's a completely typical line-sliding match 3 played on a 45 angle, and with black no-match blocks (duds that can't be matched to anything, including each other). No powerups, basic 2-way gravity mechanic and unlimited play mode. There are "levels" to the game where new block colours are introduced up to a point, but there's absolutely no indication when you go up a level other than the level number increasing by one, which you'll never notice anyway. I played for 5 minutes and suddenly noticed I was on level 14.

There's also no menu. You're thrown right into the game. It does save your state, but does not support iOS 4 multitasking and does not have a settings menu as such; all options are displayed on the toolbar below the play area. There is a hint system though, and it costs points to use.

But overall, a totally textbook match 3 with absolutely nothing (other than nice graphics) to differentiate itself from the million other match 3s out there.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
07-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
But overall, a totally textbook match 3 with absolutely nothing (other than nice graphics) to differentiate itself from the million other match 3s out there.
Thanks for the comprehensive review. One correction. There are only 850,000 match 3s out there, not a million.
07-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Torius is crashing in OS4. It still runs for a while, but at some point it will crash. What a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
It is really expensive when you take into account that I spend over 40 a month on games for my iPhone. Get a clue.
07-19-2010, 01:53 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto_Machado View Post
Torius is crashing in OS4. It still runs for a while, but at some point it will crash. What a shame.
Hmmm, I tested it on OS4, it works OK.
How long you played before it crashes? I'm going to do update very soon, may be it will fix the problem.
08-06-2011, 08:55 AM
What a great little game I just found