★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Your mission is simple: USE THE MAGNET TO ATTRACT THE RAZOR TO SHAVE THE FACE!

Pixelly arcade action.

How to play:

The magnet follows your touch around the screen. The razor is drawn towards the magnet. Cut hairs with the razor whilst trying not to nick your eyes, nose and mouth.

Popping a pimple will temporarily reverse the magnet's polarity, causing the razor to be repelled.

Make good use of the multiplier, powerups and scoring system for MASSIVE POINTS!

Two shaving modes:

* Classic mode. The old family favourite. Shave once, shave fast. Try to finish before your beard starts growing again.

* Score Attack. Grab powerups, raise the multiplier, collect fruit. You have three minutes to score as many points as you can without fainting from blood loss.

Bonus game mode!

* Space Surfing. Endless and randomly generated. Be a penguin, surfing on a razor, in space. Collect rings and powerups, smash asteroids, share food with friendly space penguins.. Don't get hit by comets. Twirl/bump/shoot 'em up.

- OpenFeint online high scores & achievements.
- Original 8-bit chiptune soundtrack.

Check out some video of it in action -

Score attack: http://bit.ly/MSDiphone
Space surfing: http://bit.ly/SpaceSurfing

goiMot's comments:

07-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Funny, when I was younger I always looked forward to the day I would need to shave, now that I'm there, I wish I was young again and didn't have to every morning lol. Truely one of the things I have to do and hate doing, so as fun or as good piece of retro work this appears to be, I can't do it more than I already have to haha.

Last edited by Natron; 07-12-2010 at 11:58 PM.

07-13-2010, 02:33 AM
haha
magnets make shaving fun again.

thanks for the thread, goiMot.

if anyone would like a promo code, check out the promo codes thread i just made: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=1179620
07-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Cute creation and character.
07-13-2010, 04:54 AM

Hmm, I have only just gotten around to installing iOS 4.0 on my own iPod 2g (though the game was tested before release by friends running it), and I'm finding MSD's framerate is sometimes a bit choppy, where it was nice & smooth under iOS3.. :/

Turning on airplane mode seems to mostly get rid of the problem.

According to my testers it ran well on their newer iPhones, so I'm hoping the slowdown under iOS4 only happens on older devices...I don't have anything newer to test it on myself, yet. If anyone else experiences this slowdown, let me know!

Currently working on an update which will hopefully fix this, and add some other small things...more achievements...bit of tightening up the graphics, etc. I'll likely put the price up to $1.99 when that update comes out.
07-13-2010, 06:11 AM
Hopefully I'll pick this up when the update comes out.

Invaders Must Die.
07-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Cool cool! I'm planning to submit the update within the next 4-5 days. It's half done.
07-13-2010, 09:08 AM
Runs perfectly on my iPhone 4. Love it. Congrats on the release!
07-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks amroc! Glad ya like it
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Tilt controls need some work. They could be more "sensitive" (do you know Tilt to Live?).