★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Playsteria
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 14.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Gamezebo.com: Its a game for those seeking an accomplished old skool challenge with a modern Twist
Appspy.com: Gravity Block is perfect for puzzlers of all levels, with open solutions making it easy to complete, yet still challenging to master.
iPhoneGamerBlog.com: Ive been trying to think of a game that Ive played that is similar to Gravity Block HD and I cant, and I have to say, I like it.

Try out this new puzzle game that requires both intelligence and skill!

Your task is to bring an inanimate cube to the exit point in 40 different levels. But, if you can't move the cube, how will you be able to do this? You have the ability to change the whole universe's gravity! You'll need to alter gravity direction to make the cube go where you want. But beware, this shouldn't be as easy as it seems Physics will make your cube accelerate and collide with all game elements and this will make it bounce, get inertia, etc. so be aware of physical laws before altering universe's gravity.

You'll have to face cube conveyors, exploding blocks, black holes, and a large variety of game elements that will make you plan carefully your movements and, once you've decided what to do, use your ability to move as fast and precise as you can.

And, if you are good enough to beat the 40 game levels, you can find new level packs in the in-game store, all grouped in difficulty levels so you can then play the difficulty level you've liked the most.

The game also includes OpenFeint's global leaderboards and a lot of achievements to unlock, which will give you extra challenges within the game!

Are you prepared to face this gravitational challenge?

You can watch the video of the game at: http://www.playsteria.com

Available for iPhone, iPod Touch and an HD version for iPad
07-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Ah here we go, retro graphics. It's just a matter of time before I buy it now.

゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

07-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Ah here we go, retro graphics. It's just a matter of time before I buy it now.
Really, though. Looks nice, but that video link goes nowhere. Only shows stuff for their other games.
Anyway, looks nice, I'll wait on it though.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
07-13-2010, 02:21 AM
I would like to see a video as well.
07-13-2010, 03:49 AM

I'm from the Playsteria Team. We're just to upload the video to the web as well as the "Gravity Block" section in our page. As soon as it is uploaded I'll let you know.

Thanks for your interest in the game, and we hope you enjoy playing it as much as we've enjoyed developing it!

Best regards,
Joan Casas
The Playsteria Team
07-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Looks like a 2D game styled off Edge.

Invaders Must Die.
07-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Looks like a 2D game styled off Edge.
Nah, it looks like an iPhone version of the flash game Excit (google it). It was actually pretty fun.

Username on every gaming network I'm on: kaboom132. I have tested 21 games. Will test your game if you wish!
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
I think I was high when I typed that. My apologies.
07-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Greetings to all!

Wow, I've never noticed about Excit and I've just tried it. It may seem similar to Gravity Block and yes, they have some resemblances, but Gravity Block it processed by a powerful physics engine that adds a new dimension to it, so you don't just choose in which direction the block should move because the block simply gets moved by the gravity force (involving it's bounces, inertias, acceleration, etc). There are also a large variety of blocks, not just the static ones but some of them move your block like a conveyor belts, some of them explodes two seconds after touching them, some of them act like doors, and a large etcetera. So in fact the concept is similar, but Gravity Block's strong point is the physics that involve every step in the game.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we've enjoyed developing it and as much as we're enjoying creating new and more challenging levels for future packs!

Joan Casas
The Playsteria Team
07-13-2010, 11:32 AM
gameplay vid

Youtube link | Pop Up

(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
07-15-2010, 06:55 PM
This is terrific. Get it. I don't know why it's gotten next to no buzz, either. So polished and fun.