★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: TappyTaps s.r.o.
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 10.4 MB
  • Version: 2.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: One day 33% SALE - prepare yourself to Christmas holidays!

Cool pong-like game with features never seen before!
* 1 or 2 players mode
* rotate paddle using your fingers
* use various bonuses during gameplay to beat your opponent!

Try to beat your friends or best computer player "Startblastr"!
----

Chill. Relax! Call a player and get into to a game of double-player Paddle Pong, (a table-tennis inspired game) or try to beat the computer player. Heres the scoop: The paddle puts the ball in play and drives it across the game field. Tip the paddle for great angle shots by tilting your finger(s) up, down, or out.

Next, catch bonuses before they get away and make life to your opponent little bit harder (for example make his paddle smaller). But, careful now, DONT MISS THE BALL. Aw, you gotta keep the ball in play!

Like things faster? Use the speed mode for, (you guessed it) more speed!

When game time is over, tell us how you liked it. This is not the latest version. We want feedback so we can get it just right. Look for the second mode soon. Dont worry, it will be free for all existing customers!

Don't have seconds player? You can practice against iPad. We prepared 5 types of computer players, yes, it is probably easy to beat "Babybat", but can you beat the best one "Startblastr"?

honzik's comments:
Free and very additive pong game for 2 players.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGNok...layer_embedded

Download from appstore: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paddle-pong/id377976514?mt=8

You can download also iPad version for $1.99 (with additive rotation of paddle): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paddle-pong-hd/id364610231?mt=8
07-13-2010, 10:32 AM

Looks pretty fun. Basically it pong with in-game bonuses to collect. Its a two player game, so bring a date. I know alot of retro nerds on this forum (like me) are gonna grab this.

Did I mention it's free?

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80

07-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Never heard about this, but downloaded. Looks pretty simple and fun.
07-13-2010, 10:53 AM
This actually makes a sweet one player game. I set the players names Left and Right and played with both hands. The bonus objects act as a distraction and its really a blast! Gameplay is simple and clean. Graphics are bright and crisp. This is a no brainer and the dev should really push the one player mode as an option. Kinda like a dope version of classic pong! This may replace Pong 72 on my phone. (Awe, I'll keep them both!)

Edit: BTW, even though I'm right handed, left seems to be better at this. Any psychology majors wanna comment?

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
experience - two player game

Someone tried to play paddle pong against genuine opponents ;-)? One against one?
07-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
This actually makes a sweet one player game. I set the players names Left and Right and played with both hands.
Hope real one player mode comming soon ;-)
07-13-2010, 05:30 PM
An online mode would be pretty sweet too. I can't imagine playing Pong against someone on the other side of the world!

DEVELOPERS I ADORE
07-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
An online mode would be pretty sweet too. I can't imagine playing Pong against someone on the other side of the world!

I picked up the iPad version because I love pong games and this looks fun.

Please add online play if possible. I agree that it would be awesome !

Since I started to play "stardunk" I want more online play for casual pick up and plays

Last edited by cranker; 07-13-2010 at 07:30 PM.
07-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Working on local wifi (bluetooth) mode is in progress.
07-14-2010, 08:47 AM
I agree with everyone else, a one player mode is needed, (other than my one player mode, which is better though)

DEVELOPERS I ADORE