★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Thinking about getting Zen Bound and Sway but...?

03-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Thinking about getting Zen Bound and Sway but...?

I really have no clue if they are worth the money because there is no free version and they are $5 each so I don't want to go and buy them and end up not liking them. Watching videos online didn't give me a better understanding on the game and if it is worth it.
03-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spardadante View Post
I really have no clue if they are worth the money because there is no free version and they are $5 each so I don't want to go and buy them and end up not liking them. Watching videos online didn't give me a better understanding on the game and if it is worth it.
get sway i was having this problem yesterday and i got sway and its totally worth it

03-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Quote:
There are whole threads dedicated to these games. Please don't clutter the forum.

Since I am feeling nice, I will answer your question: YES both are worth $5.
03-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Both are great. Go search, "zen bound sway" there was a thread just like this.
03-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Get Sway, there is an Update that is coming and add new levels and enhance gameplay
03-01-2009, 09:37 AM
or save $4 and get geo defence
03-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Zen bound is obviously not for all people. But if you are someone who can enjoy something that is just as much art as game, not extremely fast paced (over course it still is fun and addicting) that I HIGHLY recommend that game.

I wasn't sure about sway, because the gameplay vidoes didn't appeal to me a lot. I decided to give in to the hype, and I am sure glad I did. It is simply the best platformer (save edge, if you call it one) in the app store. It is just packed with fun. It is quite difficult at times, but not frustratingly hard. Short, yes, but it has some replayability and there will be (hopefully) more levels in the update that is coming to it.

So, I would say get both. They are both EXCELLENT titles that are definitely worth the money.
03-01-2009, 10:04 AM
soon we will be having 167 sway vs. zenboud threads.
03-01-2009, 10:27 AM
but which is the best Sway Vs Zen Bound thread?

I've got 500 empty brain cells waiting to absorb one of the thread's information - but which one?

to answer the OP - both games are great - both relaxing - but Zen is more likely to appeal to a calmer mind than some avid game players exhibit

I can imagine some younger gamers not having the patience for Zen Bound - but that is prob' just me basing view of younger games on what I was like back then

Edit: funnily enough I haven't played Zen much - not because I don't like it - but I'm saving it for days when I'm really stressed at work and need some way of chilling out

Last edited by menom; 03-01-2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: as above
03-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Quote:
thinking about getting Zen Bound and Sway but.. .
But you realized that there may be a price drop, that Zen Bound is overrated, and that you may not like Sway?

Such a tough call.. I wouldn't get Zen Bound, unless you've been drinking the koolaid.. Sway would be fun because it's actually a game though!

I mean do you really think a game can honestly relax you? The concept, graphics, and presentation are fantastic, but it's such a niche app... between the two, chose Sway..

or neither one and get 3-5 other games!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans