★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Puzzle Games

03-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Puzzle Games

Please... stop doing puzzle games, i CANT stand it anymore... From 10 games, like 7 are puzzle games, create some new games, with different concepts... I almost throw up when i see another puzzle game...
03-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the forums but... This thread is ridiculous. Some dev isn't going to look here and be like, "Wow! A junior member doesn't want devs to make anymore puzzle games, I better stop production of the one I'm working on." I feel like puzzle games are a great genre for the iPhone, personally, but that's my opinion. You have your own opinion, and I don't feel like it was necessary for you to start a whole new thread to state it...

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss

03-01-2009, 09:25 AM
No. Puzzle game might not appeal to you while it might appeal to others. Beside, you can choose not to buy it.
03-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Just wow...

I think as long as we don't get 'iFart Puzzle Battle' and 'Wobble Bubble' we're good...

Fed up with all the casual games on the iDevice and in need of a new twist to the RPG genre? You can have an influence on the game with your ideas! For more info have a look at: Thread on TA / The Dev's Blog
03-01-2009, 09:36 AM
hmmmm.....'Wobble Bubble' sounds like a sure fire winner !
03-01-2009, 09:43 AM
tiagobuhr Please... stop doing puzzle games, i CANT stand it anymore... From 10 games, like 7 are puzzle games, create some new games, with different concepts... I almost throw up when i see another puzzle game...

Then stop playing them.........eh!
03-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Send a message via MSN to Forerunnerz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
tiagobuhr Please... stop doing puzzle games, i CANT stand it anymore... From 10 games, like 7 are puzzle games, create some new games, with different concepts... I almost throw up when i see another puzzle game...

Then stop playing them.........eh!
It's not that only that he doesn't want to play it. Same reason why I'm annoyed of puzzle games on the iPhone. It's because they flood the AppStore. Nowadays, Highly polished puzzlers aren't even worth looking at.

Currently playing: TouchKO, Castle of Magic, and Resident Evil 4.
Plus+ gamername: Forerunnerz
03-01-2009, 10:05 AM
i love puzzle games.
03-01-2009, 10:14 AM
If I want action or racing games I turn on my 360 or PS3 instead of trying to play cheap clones with virtual sticks on a mini-screen. Puzzle & strategic games are great and really work with the touchscreen.
03-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Forerunnerz It's not that only that he doesn't want to play it. Same reason why I'm annoyed of puzzle games on the iPhone. It's because they flood the AppStore. Nowadays, Highly polished puzzlers aren't even worth looking at.

I GET what he meant. Apparently you didn't get what I meant. Anyway, your right in regards that you shouldn't even look at games if not interested. Although you'd find many other people think they are of great worth. People need to realize that we all have to put up with others likes and dislikes of games and to post something like this is ridiculous because of that. Why are you annoyed?........simply don't clik on them and you'll be just fine. I'm sure others think just the same of your preference of games and simply are mature enough to realize this and don't post comments like this one.
Bothers me to see people constantly down these games. And obviously there are more of them because people LIKE them.
And as I said before about puzzles and word games........keep em' coming!

Note: And with the title saying 'Puzzle Games' expect a lot of flak from people.

Last edited by Coldar; 03-01-2009 at 10:39 AM.