★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: DreamBalls HD submitted!

07-13-2010, 03:16 PM
#1
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 438
DreamBalls HD submitted!



Crazy, smart, funny match-3.




Last edited by Ashenebal; 07-13-2010 at 03:30 PM.
07-13-2010, 03:38 PM
#2
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,777
Nice! I love the changing of day to night and visa versa!

So beyond the new graphics I see balls have no weights and that maybe you can now clear diagonals but there still are no vertical clearings, just the 5 same colored balls to compact.

What are some of the power-ups NOT in Steamballs?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

07-13-2010, 03:45 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Nice! I love the changing of day to night and visa versa!

So beyond the new graphics I see balls have no weights and that maybe you can now clear diagonals but there still are no vertical clearings, just the 5 same colored balls to compact.

What are some of the power-ups NOT in Steamballs?
Yes, now you can diagonally clear, also game is work faster, gameplay is very smooth, fun and fast!
Extra-balls not from SteamBalls is: Skull (just eat your valuable space on screen and cannot be destroyed anyway except bombing or another same effect balls. If you match 3 skulls - mMmm, let it be surprise, ok?

Also all x-balls have another visuals, animation etc...

Game is very fast and funny. If SteamBalls is serious challenge for strategy fans, DreamBalls is a perfect time killer and lol effect generator.
07-13-2010, 03:51 PM
#4
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenebal View Post
Yes, now you can diagonally clear, also game is work faster, gameplay is very smooth, fun and fast!
Extra-balls not from SteamBalls is: Skull (just eat your valuable space on screen and cannot be destroyed anyway except bombing or another same effect balls. If you match 3 skulls - mMmm, let it be surprise, ok?

Also all x-balls have another visuals, animation etc...

Game is very fast and funny. If SteamBalls is serious challenge for strategy fans, DreamBalls is a perfect time killer and lol effect generator.
Good enough should be fun.

Dreamballs = Wacky Steamballs without all of the math!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-13-2010, 09:24 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,767
Jst seeing this thread - and I will be looking out for Dreamballs. Looks good!

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-15-2010, 10:08 AM
#6
Joined: May 2009
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,054
Just watched the video


Are you freaking kidding me?


It looks like steamballs and dreamballs will both be in my top 5 match 3 games of all time!

This game looks absolutely incredible!

Great job!
07-15-2010, 10:14 AM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
Just watched the video


Are you freaking kidding me?


It looks like steamballs and dreamballs will both be in my top 5 match 3 games of all time!

This game looks absolutely incredible!

Great job!

Diagonally matching in DreamBalls is awesome! )
Cant wait approve.
07-15-2010, 10:15 AM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: italy
Posts: 339
same game different balls?i hope it's 1 dollar,this could be an upgrade of the other game i purchase not so many days ago,not a new one..
07-15-2010, 10:20 AM
#9
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolaxl View Post
same game different balls?i hope it's 1 dollar,this could be an upgrade of the other game i purchase not so many days ago,not a new one..
Nope, it's another game with major differences in gameplay.

- No weight on balls
- diagonally matching
- new strategy of earning points
- new extra balls
- gametable changes on every level
- new scoring system

When developer make new pinball why you not asking they just renew old one?
07-15-2010, 10:30 AM
#10
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenebal View Post
Nope, it's another game with major differences in gameplay.

- No weight on balls
- diagonally matching
- new strategy of earning points
- new extra balls
- gametable changes on every level
- new scoring system

When developer make new pinball why you not asking they just renew old one?
Care to elaborate on the whole changing from night and day? Will 3+ Skull vertical be dangerous as well?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews