★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: USM
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 26.5 MB
  • Version: 1.5
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 2.5 (2)
App description: Follow the intricate paths of the celtic stones in an exciting race for the highest score.

Play numbered cards to move your figures as far as possible along the colored paths of stone, collect as many wishing stones and bonus points as possible on your way to beat your opponents!

A clever strategy with the use of your cards, tiles and paths with some luck of the draw leads to victory. Play as many cards as possible in the right order - but never lose track of your opponents' tactics!

This faithful adaptation of the original Keltis boardgame includes the first path of the solitaire mode "Keltis Campaign" which offers a challenging single player experience with increasing difficulty.

But thats not all: The three remaining paths of the campaign can be unlocked via In App Purchase.
The expansion set "New Challenges" is also available for download as an App purchase directly from the game. Its a completely new board layout with AI controlled opponents for hours of challenging fun.

Features:

- Three difficulty settings for beginners and experts
- Easy rules based on the original board game
- Comprehensive tutorial
- Local multiplayer-mode (hot seat) for up to 4 players
- Online multiplayer via Game Center (NEW in version 1.5)
- English and German language supported
- Three additional paths of the "Keltis Campaign" available as In App Purchase
- Expansion "New Challenges" available as In App Purchase

Questions or suggestions for improvements:
Mail to ios@usm.de
We are looking forward to your feedback!

Please do not ask your questions in the reviews as we do not have the possibility to respond to you there.

For more information on news and updates:
www.usmgames.com
or visit us on www.facebook.com/UnitedSoftMedia and twitter.com/USM_News

07-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Wait, Reiner Knizia's Keltis Oracle is already on the App Store isn't it? Is this just a clone? If so I can't see it lasting long.

07-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
Wait, Reiner Knizia's Keltis Oracle is already on the App Store isn't it? Is this just a clone? If so I can't see it lasting long.
Keltis Oracle is a variation based on the original Keltis boardgame.

USM also did the Catan and Ingenious ports so you don't have to worry about it not being legit.

It's kind of odd how high society was released just yesterday (another RK game) and I'm not jumping at the chance to get them because of both devs previous releases
07-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Keltis Oracle is a variation based on the original Keltis boardgame.

USM also did the Catan and Ingenious ports so you don't have to worry about it not being legit.

It's kind of odd how high society was released just yesterday (another RK game) and I'm not jumping at the chance to get them because of both devs previous releases
Yeah, my bad. Just noticed that USM did soem other ports such as Catan. I'm actually interested to hear what user say about this version. Also noticed they talk about In App purchases, I wonder how much they will cost.
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I just confirmed that Keltis Oracle was the sequel to this game. Although I already have Keltis Oracle, this is tempting and looks like it might be a little easier to follow than Keltis Oracle.

Now that this appears legitimate I'm allowing myself to get all interested!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-13-2010, 04:30 PM
I believe this is Lost Cities the Boardgame in USA. In Europoe it's called Keltis. You can play online with other humans here or just check out rules to get an idea. I might just bite since I like Lost Cities so much and it's a derivative of it. Keltis Oracle is fun but wouldn't recommend it for it's $10 price now wait till back to $5.

http://www.bordspel.nl/page.php?page=lostcities&lang=en
07-13-2010, 04:40 PM
I know this is probably a stupid question, but here goes: this is also a Knizia game, correct?

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
07-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I know this is probably a stupid question, but here goes: this is also a Knizia game, correct?
Yep, as stated earlier, the game Dr. K made that later spawned a sequel, Keltis Oracle.

I guess we iPhoners are just getting the games in reverse order by different developers.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Yep, as stated earlier, the game Dr. K made that later spawned a sequel, Keltis Oracle.

I guess we iPhoners are just getting the games in reverse order by different developers.
Thanks. I figured as much, but I just wanted to make sure before I put it in my "Knizia" folder.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
07-13-2010, 05:04 PM
IMO it's kind of a shame they didn't go with the same style as the Keltis: Oracle release; this looks less polished and ... less pretty.

Cool that they are including the expansion as DLC; it makes the game more interesting .