★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: maxmobile
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.2 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: - In order to build up your army, you will need to collect the raw materials necessary to develop and build your war machines.

- There are two types of resources, gold and oil. You will need to procure both in order to build your full complement of troops.

- Select an unit and move with a click.

- Select units with a drag by multi touches.

- You first study building order in menu help.
1. build warehouse which increases the strength of your army.
2. build Ranger camp which can produces marines.
3. build R&D center before you build War Plant. You can upgrade power in R&D Center.
4. build War Plant which produces machines.
5. build Satellite. You can produce air machines.

Devilishly Good's comments:

Link to Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uacefree/id381033804?mt=8
07-13-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm a huge fan of RTS games, and a huge fan of pixel art. This looks like it could be loads of fun. I wonder if anyone's given it a go. I'll probably wind up picking this up later tonight, so I'll post some impressions here if I get it.
07-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushibox View Post
I'm a huge fan of RTS games, and a huge fan of pixel art. This looks like it could be loads of fun. I wonder if anyone's given it a go. I'll probably wind up picking this up later tonight, so I'll post some impressions here if I get it.

that why there is a lite version

eh
07-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Oh I'm not concerned about the price, I'm just at work and have very little time to download it and play it now or I would have, regardless of there being a paid / lite version. I was interested to see if, while I'm preoccupied, anyone else had downloaded this and what they thought.

With a few very brief minutes spent with it I can say that it's very simple. I'm not totally familiar with the name so I don't know if it's existed as is on another mobile platform, but the way the game looks and feels I get the impression that this was ported directly from another platform. The fonts, menu items, artwork and in-game art resources are a little blurry and hard to read, but I'll admit I like the pixel art in-game.

The controls are just what you would think, drag around to move around the map, tap a unit to select them and then tap something / somewhere for them to act. The bulldozer units also seem to be "builder" units, they're dual used for that and gathering resources.

The only thing I would say is that, there's not a lot of information immediately ready for the player. For instance when you select a dozer the "build" menu comes up on the right hand side, but there's very little "in-game" prompting to tell the player what each thing does. If you press the third icon down, you can see it's a Warehouse that costs 150G, but it doesn't really tell you what the warehouse is for (although if you're familiar with generic RTS ideas this shouldn't be too big of a deal). So trial and error is vital for the player unless you fall back to the in-game help file ("About" on the main menu).

I think for .99 it could turn out to be fun, and of course for free, it's worth at least looking at, but there's certainly a lot more available in the genre for the iDevice. I'm very easy to please, especially for free, so I hate to complain much. I'd be happier if the crispness of the game was adjusted or the font size increased only a bit, because sometimes the option text, menu items or other in-game text is very difficult to read.

Last edited by sushibox; 07-13-2010 at 05:08 PM.
07-14-2010, 03:51 AM
I got it back when it was new but never really played it much, it feels very unclear and I wasn't really sure what I was doing.
07-14-2010, 03:54 AM
Commander? Rings a bell...