Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-17-2010, 08:36 PM

How about something like this...some fruit like a bunch of grapes or a bunch of bananas. Once you slice the bunch, it'll break into individual fruits in all different directions. Each of those fruits will then be sliceable.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidbubble View Post
Question for anyone who can help: what is the trick to getting 200 in Zen mode? Try as I might, I can only get 180 or so. Am I missing something?

And maybe in a future update, add blueberries? They are small and seem like they would be more challenging to slice.

Thanks
Patience and timing is the key. Some waves will be easy for you to get a +5 or even +6 combo, but others are far more scattered and will require you to wait until a few fruit have popped up one after another. By that time you'll only have a split second to go for the combo. Try to anticipate the trajectory of the fruits.

Overall getting to 200 isn't very difficult, just go for those combos!

Some great character suggestions so far, keep them coming and I'll pick the winners in approximately 24 hours!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:41 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

My idea is an undercover banana disguised as a panda to try to understand the ways of the sensei....but you can barely see a little yellow as bananas aren't masters of camouflage.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:06 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I was thinking either the ability to cut the wick off of the bombs for bonus points, or coconuts (or something else) that need two or three slices to break open?? How about a big 'sour' grapefruit character? lol. Great game.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:38 PM

Okay after being a little skeptical on the price of fnhd, I take all that back. I find no issues with the background or the fruits, this game is much clearer than most 2x ports which most iPad apps seem to be. The game is much more fun on a bigger screen, my scores have greatly improved, and it's nice to no longer shrink the screen 2x during a last minute swipe. Are there cheaper games on the store? Yes. Are there better ones? If so not many. Fruit ninja will now become the game I show off my iPad with, very good work halfbrick tream.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:04 PM

I did not mind paying $4.99 price, I was just worry that once I bought it it would go on sale since people were complaining how it was expense it was. I only wish there was a zen mode with no time limit. I don't mind if there no score. It just beautiful to look at. My sister who is 3 years old like cutting the fruits - screaming look I cut that (name of fruit). She start to cry when the game over screen come on.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:21 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I think a great idea for a character would be a Fruit Fly ninja. He probably loves fruit more than any human could, so slicing it up before he eats them could be awesome for him lol

Another idea is the Body Builder sensei, who is slicing up all of the fruit for his giant fruit smoothie! You can have a meter that fills up the "smoothie" and get achievements for the amount of smoothies you slice up.

(did not read through other ideas, so please forgive me if you posted a similar idea prior to me)
Old 07-18-2010, 09:15 AM

A sparrow that collects the sliced and diced fruit for extra points when you tap on each sliced piece. If you collect enough enough pieces of each fruit, you unlock different fruit ninja goodies!

Last edited by <3 FruitNinja; 07-18-2010 at 10:37 AM..
Old 07-18-2010, 10:24 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Kung Fu Asian Black Bear - he shall be called Jin Jeong. Instead of being a master swordsman, Jin the Bear is much more skilled in hand to hand combat, and after the player has completed sone kind of challenge he will show up on screen and start slicing the fruit with his bear claws.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3 FruitNinja View Post
A sparrow that collects the sliced and diced fruit for extra points when you tap on each sliced piece. If you collect enough enough pieces of each fruit, you unlock different fruit ninja goodies!
Added drawing of our new Ninja Sparrow Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (135.0 KB, 8 views)