★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Fastlane HD is a turn based strategy game that allows you and up to three of your friends/family to compete against each other in a battle of wits and ambition, and prove who is the ultimate corporate trailblazer!

Each player starts the game with no education, no experience and 300 bucks in their pockets. As a player, you need to get a job, make money, get educated, buy products, pay rent and more, all in a grand effort to start a virtual life and work your way up the corporate ladder.

All players work toward fulfilling the same four milestones, Money, Experience, Education and Happiness. The player who meets all four of these goals first, wins the game. Fastlane HD will be sure to keep you on your toes and leave you wanting more.

Here are some features you can expect to see when you download this game:

~Realistic Life Simulator~
Fastlane is built upon a realistic life simulator that may just have you worrying about wearing appropriate work clothing, stock market fluctuations or even getting robbed.

~Computer Opponents~
If youre playing the game alone, but still want some competition, add a couple of these guys to the game to spice things up.

~Persistent Games~
If youre in the middle of a game and feel like taking a break, dont worry it always saves your progress when you leave.

~Interactive Tutorial~
If you are new to the game, the interactive crash course will teach you the basics and get you started in about five minutes.

~Intuitive User Interface~
Fastlane HD was designed to be easy to use and still be easy on the eyes.
07-14-2010, 05:23 AM
Jones in the fast lane?

This feels like that old Dos game, correct me if i'm wrong.

07-14-2010, 06:00 AM
Videos?

Gameloft Live/OpenFeint/AGON/Plus+/iTunes Reviewer: Revlisoft / GameCenter: SilverDragon / Favs: Project Phoenix Doodle Jump Dungeon Hunter 2 Sentinel 1/2/3 Tiny Tower Cartoon Wars GoldRush Dragon Portals Puzzle Quest 2 AoD Trenches Order & Chaos Nick Chase Superfall
07-14-2010, 08:18 AM
A lot of games released just don't have enough information or a video to show how the game would play.

Does this play like Life or another board game?
07-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Well from the description, and screen shots, I can almost safely say this is going to play like Jones in the Fast Lane, an old DOS game, which is like a board game where you manage the time you get in a week between studying, working, eating and resting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones_in_the_Fast_Lane

There's also a Flash version of the game to try, I'm betting this game will play exactly like this.
07-14-2010, 10:13 AM
I thought it was Fastlane street racing :S
07-14-2010, 10:20 AM
The iPhone version of this type of game is 99 cents

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/joe-vs-the-joneses/id331671341?mt=8
07-14-2010, 10:38 AM
If this was like jones in the fast land that would be awesome but the price is too high for me to TOFTT.

Gameloft Live/OpenFeint/AGON/Plus+/iTunes Reviewer: Revlisoft / GameCenter: SilverDragon / Favs: Project Phoenix Doodle Jump Dungeon Hunter 2 Sentinel 1/2/3 Tiny Tower Cartoon Wars GoldRush Dragon Portals Puzzle Quest 2 AoD Trenches Order & Chaos Nick Chase Superfall
07-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Yes it's exactly like Jones.

Just bought it FYI.

edit: You can't really see what the AI is doing, which kinda sucks. But otherwise it plays exactly like Jones.

Avoid for now, it crashes when playing against the ai and they are about to pay rent. Sigh.

Last edited by callandor; 07-14-2010 at 11:05 AM.
07-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callandor View Post
Yes it's exactly like Jones.

Just bought it FYI.

edit: You can't really see what the AI is doing, which kinda sucks. But otherwise it plays exactly like Jones.

Avoid for now, it crashes when playing against the ai and they are about to pay rent. Sigh.

callandor,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the AI in Fastlane HD. If you wouldn't mind, would you please shoot us an email when you have a minute, to support@mantainnovations.com and tell us about the problem? We're getting an update ready and we would like to hunt down this problem and fix it before we submit it to Apple.

Thank you very much for purchasing Fastlane HD, we really appreciate your support.

Best Regards,
Doug, Manta Support