★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: XMG Studio Inc.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 119.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Little Metal Ball is the ultimate top-down full-tilt platform adventure and is now the perfect game for the iPad.

XMG Introduces Little Metal Ball HD! Based on the original, #1 Worldwide app, this new version is optimized for the iPad and lets you see even more of the 60 amazing levels! Little Metal ball HD includes all of the original LMB levels plus 20 new levels introduced in LMB Gold and LMB HD.

TouchArcade.com: "LMB is good, simple fun, and is great for quick pick-up-and-play sessions... LMB is a great little
game that demands attention."

Lean in and enjoy hours of fun and addictive gameplay through 60 huge, beautifully illustrated, action packed levels. Explore 6 unique worlds, designed to delight and torment.

Race against the clock, shatter your best times, and go for gold, collecting time bonus powerups along the way. Do you have what it takes?

Features:
* 60 awesome levels, packed with challenging puzzles, twisted labyrinths and dynamic lighting
* Precise tilt control and physics, built from the ground up and tuned to perfection
* Gold, silver and bronze record times for each level
* Jumbo and micro ball pick ups, super charged cannons, elevators and more

Check out our other amazing games!! Cows vs. Aliens, Inspector Gadget, Drag Racer World, Ghostbusters Paranormal Blast, and Fashion Star Boutique!

Visit Us! xmg.com
Like Us! facebook.com/xmgstudio
Follow Us! @xmgstudio
Watch Us! youtube.com/xmgstudio
07-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Must be honest, I'm on the edge of picking this up but can anyone confirm that there's no "Gold" edition on its way?

07-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
Must be honest, I'm on the edge of picking this up but can anyone confirm that there's no "Gold" edition on its way?
+1, I loved the iphone version of the game until they released the "gold edition", so I won't buy this right now, they could "surprise" us again
07-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
+1, I loved the iphone version of the game until they released the "gold edition", so I won't buy this right now, they could "surprise" us again
Same here.
11-02-2010, 02:50 AM
$3.99 -> $.99
11-02-2010, 03:49 AM
I tried the free iPhone version and i like it so i think i'll grab it as soon as possible.
11-02-2010, 07:08 AM
I grab it, thanks for the sale, I haven't played much yet but at this price it's a clear bargain.

I'd say it's a mix of Dark Nebula 2 and Labyrinth 2, plus many idea of its own. It tends to be quite difficult. I already unlock two worlds but still have to beat the first bigger level of first world. Each world has two series of 5 levels, one is more easy and unlock next world, the second is harder.

Unlike the iphone standard version there's no iap to harass you. The only one I noticed was if you click on a lock level the game offers you buy an iap to unlock them all. But you can unlock levels yourself.

The game description mentions 20 more iPad only levels but I notice only the 60 levels through 6 tabs. Not sure how access them or when you can.

I noticed two glitch, when you select a level you get a loading screen, you could wait at this screen a long time, you need touch again to start the level. The second glitch is in one of the 12 levels I played the frame rate wasn't good but playable, when it was fine in all other levels.

Anyway a nice game, good gameplay and level diversity, hard levels are perhaps a bit too hard, but well that's the goal.
11-03-2010, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
I grab it, thanks for the sale, I haven't played much yet but at this price it's a clear bargain.

I'd say it's a mix of Dark Nebula 2 and Labyrinth 2, plus many idea of its own. It tends to be quite difficult. I already unlock two worlds but still have to beat the first bigger level of first world. Each world has two series of 5 levels, one is more easy and unlock next world, the second is harder.

Unlike the iphone standard version there's no iap to harass you. The only one I noticed was if you click on a lock level the game offers you buy an iap to unlock them all. But you can unlock levels yourself.

The game description mentions 20 more iPad only levels but I notice only the 60 levels through 6 tabs. Not sure how access them or when you can.

I noticed two glitch, when you select a level you get a loading screen, you could wait at this screen a long time, you need touch again to start the level. The second glitch is in one of the 12 levels I played the frame rate wasn't good but playable, when it was fine in all other levels.

Anyway a nice game, good gameplay and level diversity, hard levels are perhaps a bit too hard, but well that's the goal.
Agree. I'd like however to see a little more refined physics of the ball (i mean, Labyrinth 2 HD remains the best for that). The loading screen issue could be easily corrected, and i hope the devs to do it as soon as possible.
For the extra levels, maybe are unlocked when all the others are done? Only my opinion.
Otherwise it's a good game and surely a bargain for 0.99$.
11-03-2010, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprone View Post
Agree. I'd like however to see a little more refined physics of the ball (i mean, Labyrinth 2 HD remains the best for that). The loading screen issue could be easily corrected, and i hope the devs to do it as soon as possible.
For the extra levels, maybe are unlocked when all the others are done? Only my opinion.
Otherwise it's a good game and surely a bargain for 0.99$.
Agreed for the Physic, just forgot quote it because you get used to it very fast. But yes I agree it's not perfect unlike in Labyrinth 2 or Dark Nova 2 (I don't see Labyrinth 2 doing a better job than Dark Nova 2 for the physics).

For me it has plus in comparison with Labyrinth 2:
  • The mood is much better and like a special puzzle platform game. This is probably coming from the environment, the ability to jump and the levels design.
  • Labyrinth 2, well ok the lite, has more the feeling of an action puzzle and, it could be me, but I felt it gives too much the feeling that the dev of Labyrinth 2 is looking over my shoulder and laughing at my pathetic efforts. Little Metal Ball doesn't have this problem, for me.
But for all other points Labyrinth 2 is better, but well the mood is a rather important factor.

EDIT: Dark Nova 2 is in another category more like Aerox, if I quoted it for Little Metal Ball it's because LMB borrows it some tricks/designs or it's the reverse (haven't checked release dates but I suppose Dark Nova 1 is an older release).

Last edited by Qordobo; 11-03-2010 at 04:52 AM.
11-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Agreed for the Physic, just forgot quote it because you get used to it very fast. But yes I agree it's not perfect unlike in Labyrinth 2 or Dark Nova 2 (I don't see Labyrinth 2 doing a better job than Dark Nova 2 for the physics).

For me it has plus in comparison with Labyrinth 2:
  • The mood is much better and like a special puzzle platform game. This is probably coming from the environment, the ability to jump and the levels design.
  • Labyrinth 2, well ok the lite, has more the feeling of an action puzzle and, it could be me, but I felt it gives too much the feeling that the dev of Labyrinth 2 is looking over my shoulder and laughing at my pathetic efforts. Little Metal Ball doesn't have this problem, for me.
But for all other points Labyrinth 2 is better, but well the mood is a rather important factor.
Agree again! Indeed you get used to it in a short time, and i forgot to mention tha calibration mode that helps finding the right conthrol method for everyone. The environment is doubtless one of its best features.
One thing i noticed, but not only in this game, it's that sometimes on the iPad, despite its faster processor and memory, the game may be less fluid than iPhone version. I tried LMB on iPhone and i did notice a better movement of the ball, but could be only me to see it, even if it's not the first time that an app, same on both the devices, runs better on the iPhone.