★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: To celebrate the release of Verto Studio, all of my iPhone games are now permanently free!!!

This is a game. There is beer in it. Enjoy.

Stock beers and fill orders before customers become impatient and attack the machine. Build order chains and streaks to compete with the world through online leaderboards. The better you do, the harder it gets!

Features:
*Built-in iPad HD display support, no separate app required
*Fully iOS4 compliant (multitasking)
*Configurable iPhone4 retina display support
*OpenFeint leaderboards and achievements
*Streamlined interface, launches right to game with an options panel on the bottom
07-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Sep 16th. New update just approved. Should be pushed out very soon.

http://www.freshapps.com/the-beer-machine/

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by mlfarrell; 09-16-2010 at 06:18 PM.

07-15-2010, 01:45 PM
This is a pretty neat puzzler.

You've got a fridge and beers are to be stocked in it one at a time. At the bottom, you're given "orders" to fulfill. You need to put the listed bottles and can together in any order. The order is filled when all the required beers are together whether side by side but in 2 or 3 columns or all stacked on one another.

If you just match the order at the bottom then only those few beers disappear...however, if you make the match at the top of a column, then all the beers below it will also disappear. This helps you keep the fridge emptier and your game lasting longer. If you miss orders or the fridge fills up then it's game over.

The sounds for the bottles and cans dropping are really nice and crisp. Placing items is also pretty easy, touch in the fridge area and a blue band appears to show you where the item will drop. Now if you've selected the wrong column, then don't lift your finger and just slide it to where you want to highlight the desired column and then lift to drop.

A couple of areas where I have issues:
-The game wants you to place the items into columns, but there is no clear delineation of how many or exactly where the columns are. I wouldn't mind something more visually distinct in the background to make that clearer. Several times I would intend to drop a can or bottle in one column and wound up selecting the one next to it, and if I didn't notice, I'd drop the item into the wrong column.
-The scoring system is not very clear to me. I don't know what is meant by the Streak shown or the bonus. If you make a bunch of extra bottles/cans disappear below a filled order, do those somehow add to your score. I think it would be clearer to have a score based on filling an order, how quickly you fill it, how big the order is, and removing extra bottles/cans when you do fill it.
-I had a multicolored bottle drop once, but I could not figure out exactly how to incorporate it into an order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
07-15-2010, 02:22 PM
DG, don't mask the only reason you like this game with a few paragraphs. We all know you only like it cause it has beer in it!

Invaders Must Die.
07-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
DG, don't mask the only reason you like this game with a few paragraphs. We all know you only like it cause it has beer in it!
LOL

Quote:
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
07-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
This is a pretty neat puzzler.

You've got a fridge and beers are to be stocked in it one at a time. At the bottom, you're given "orders" to fulfill. You need to put the listed bottles and can together in any order. The order is filled when all the required beers are together whether side by side but in 2 or 3 columns or all stacked on one another.

If you just match the order at the bottom then only those few beers disappear...however, if you make the match at the top of a column, then all the beers below it will also disappear. This helps you keep the fridge emptier and your game lasting longer. If you miss orders or the fridge fills up then it's game over.

The sounds for the bottles and cans dropping are really nice and crisp. Placing items is also pretty easy, touch in the fridge area and a blue band appears to show you where the item will drop. Now if you've selected the wrong column, then don't lift your finger and just slide it to where you want to highlight the desired column and then lift to drop.

A couple of areas where I have issues:
-The game wants you to place the items into columns, but there is no clear delineation of how many or exactly where the columns are. I wouldn't mind something more visually distinct in the background to make that clearer. Several times I would intend to drop a can or bottle in one column and wound up selecting the one next to it, and if I didn't notice, I'd drop the item into the wrong column.
-The scoring system is not very clear to me. I don't know what is meant by the Streak shown or the bonus. If you make a bunch of extra bottles/cans disappear below a filled order, do those somehow add to your score. I think it would be clearer to have a score based on filling an order, how quickly you fill it, how big the order is, and removing extra bottles/cans when you do fill it.
-I had a multicolored bottle drop once, but I could not figure out exactly how to incorporate it into an order.
Nice Summation DG,

I had watched the video but it still didn't make a lot of sense to me until your explanation here.

Is it important that I match the order or positioning of the order or just a matter of getting the brand/containers right in some sort of adjacent grouping? Can I fulfill an order with an "L" shape or do they need to be straight vertical/horizontal?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-15-2010, 03:25 PM
The positioning is any and all arrangements. I have a pro mode planned later where the position will matter. Also I'll add an option to start at previously reached levels. The star beer will heal your missed orders if you sink it. You earn it by completing 3 or more orders in a row and getting lucky (1 out of 3 chance at this point). It's a way to keep the game going. Sinking 30 of one type will earn you a bonus for that type which can be tapped to use that beer in a pinch when you need it
07-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Nice Summation DG,

I had watched the video but it still didn't make a lot of sense to me until your explanation here.

Is it important that I match the order or positioning of the order or just a matter of getting the brand/containers right in some sort of adjacent grouping? Can I fulfill an order with an "L" shape or do they need to be straight vertical/horizontal?
All of the beers in an order must be touching...either 2 could be on top of on another and a 3rd next to them, or all 3 side by side, or all 3 items in a single column stacked on one another...the order of the letters doesn't matter...just that all required elements are touching.

Example...you have 6 A cans stacked next to 6 B cans. And you have an order for A, B, Z. If you put the Z beer on the bottom next to the 2 stacks, then one A, B, and the single Z beer will disappear off the bottom...BUT, if you instead but the Z beer on top of either the A or B stack, then ALL the beers in the A and B stacks will disappear along with the Z beer.

OK: (red colored beers disappear)

AB
AB
AB
AB
AB
ABZ

Much better strategically:

Z
AB
AB
AB
AB
AB
AB

Quote:
Quote:
07-15-2010, 05:49 PM
DG. I really like your review. Please feel free to post it as an app store review :-).
07-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Hi guys. Due to some people saying it isn't clear from the video on how to play. I made a new video :-). Its posted towards the top of the thread.