★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Before Caesar conquered Caul, the contest between Romans and Gauls has been for hundreds of years. Celtic Tribes have come into North Italy and settled in the Po River area in the end of 5th century B.C to the beginning of 4th century B.C.

In the beginning of the 4th century B.C., Gallic tribe moved into southward and entered into Etruria and Latium. They burned, killed and looted in the region of this city, including Etruria Veii near the north of Roman city.

Brutal Gauls were approaching to Roman Acropolis step by step. The warrior, pick up your sword and shield, fighting for your home!!!
07-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Lol I thought this was that game on addictinggames.com that I loved =(

Playing: [Chaos Rings] [CoD: Zombies] [LASW] [GTA: Chinatown Wars] [CBNK 2] [THPS2] [Cubed Rally Racer]
OF: cifang
Plus+: cifang

07-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cifuang View Post
Lol I thought this was that game on addictinggames.com that I loved =(
Obviously it isn't very belovably then? Looks like a Plant vs. Zombies ripoff?!

Can you recommend it - or should others avoid it?
07-15-2010, 03:51 AM
Send a message via AIM to ErinDar
This looks pretty good
07-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Umm, okay - not a really bad game. But it could use some sort of Tutorial - or at least a good translation (just look at screenshots no. 4 "Now you can upgrade to be he archers" and no. 5 "Star" instead of "Start").

Lacks the polish and humour of PvZ, though. Will post further impressions, after playing more levels.

Btw. OF-integration but only for online leaderboards, no achievements for now
07-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Here is my feedback to the developer of this game:

1. Overall, this is a great clone of Plants vz. Zombies. The graphics are excellent; the characters are cute; the upgrade system is decent; and the intermix between different level types are good.

2. There are numerous language localization errors. These include bad spelling mistakes, grammar errors, and outright broken English dialogue that makes little sense.

3. The touch interface needs to be more sensitive and precise. Many times, the game refuses to register placement of a defender unit. Infrequently, the game would also misplace units because of subtle drifting of touch position being registered by the touch screen. It will greatly help if the game can use a visible grid system to highlight unit placement.

4. The most troublesome issue I experienced is the overt imbalance in the gameplay between the two sides. Some of the levels, such as those above Level 13, are far too difficult because the rapidity of the enemy spawning and the lack of sufficient gold farming opportunities (gold spawning was way too slow).

5. The few levels in which the gold was fixed in amount are interesting to play, but they are flawed in their design. For example, in level 15, there is not enough gold available to mount enough catapults to destroy the enemies. Even with strategic placement of barrel explosives (at the cost of not using catapults), the waves are too numerous and too scattered to be hit with precision. Thus, the only way to win is if the game, by random chance, positions its enemy units close enough and frequently enough that a successful defense with barrel explosive can be mounted. For the remaining times, even with "perfect" positioning of defender units at the correct times, the battle is unwinnable.

6 As a rule, there is an easy way to test for balance in the game: if a player is able to play a "perfect" game, the player should be able to win the battle WITHOUT LOSS of ANY offense unit (with only LOSS of defense units, such as the shield soldiers). This is because if the game is balanced, there should be a point of equilibrium such that the OFFENSE units can sustain themselves without being replenished for the duration of the entire level if the right combinations are chosen, leaving only the DEFENSE units that need to be replenished. In this game, such does not happen. For example, a level will suddenly have a large wave of enemy units. This calls for the use of a barrel explosive. Yet, the cool down for the barrel explosive is not rapid enough before another large wave arrives, thus giving the player no legit defense strategy against the subsequent wave. Further, as most players are unable to play a "perfect" game; in practice, this will make the game unplayable in most cases. The current game is too imbalance and quickly turns into an exercise in frustration.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 07-16-2010 at 11:33 PM.
07-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Territory War review

I agree with y2kmp3's review. The first 15 levels of this game are addicting, excellent. But I have been stuck on level 15 for three days and am at a point where I have given up out of frustration.

I don't think the developers of this game spent too much time testing the levels for difficulty. Level 15 is pretty much impossible to pass with skill, maybe some luck is needed, but a game should not be about luck.