★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 213.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The infection is spreading and fear is everywhere in this non-stop survival shooter.
Head to South America as a soldier and reporter try to uncover the origin of another zombie outbreak.

12 LEVELS OF FEAR
Survive 12 levels in Campaign mode as you fight your way through favelas, mines, a zoo, docks, a boat and secret lab.

KILL EM WITH STYLE
You can finish off weakened zombies with brutal and amazing fatalities by touching the action icon at just the right time.

WATCH YOUR BACK
Switch between 2 characters, ex-soldier Damien Sharpe and reporter Alex Rayne, as they fight together to survive and uncover an evil plot.

MANY FORMS OF EVIL
Fight countless enemies of all shapes and sizes, including mutants & infected animals, each with unique abilities

UNCOVER THE STORY
Discover the full depth of the intrigue as you discover the source of the infection and the plans of the ones who created it.

IMMERSIVE VISUALS
Every environment and character is meticulously rendered in full in 3D so you can feel as close to the action as possible without starting your own zombie outbreak.

Unlock 20 trophies and show them off to friends over Gameloft LIVE!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also available from Gameloft: Brothers In Arms 2: Global Front, N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, GT Racing: Motor Academy, James Camerons Avatar, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Driver, Tom Clancys H.A.W.X.

*** Follow Gameloft on Twitter to get more info about this game and all our upcoming titles at http://twitter.com/gameloft or go read our official blog at http://blog.gameloft.com/ ***

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

HD Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

07-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Looks amazing. Much improved from the iPhone version, which was already good, mind you.

hi

07-15-2010, 06:55 AM
All ready DL this game 4 my iPad it rock's............lol

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
07-15-2010, 07:08 AM
If someone gave me back the money i've spent on iPhone games soon after released on iPad, i'd be rich by now.

Developers should start taking us, iPad owners, into consideration either by making universal apps or at least by advertising coming HD versions of their games.

Once taken that out of my chest... this game played awesome on my iPad on its iPhone version and plays even more awesome on its HD version.
07-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Is it as good as NOVA HD or Sandstorm HD?
07-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlonde View Post
If someone gave me back the money i've spent on iPhone games soon after released on iPad, i'd be rich by now.

Developers should start taking us, iPad owners, into consideration either by making universal apps or at least by advertising coming HD versions of their games.

Once taken that out of my chest... this game played awesome on my iPad on its iPhone version and plays even more awesome on its HD version.
My solution is not purchasing any game for the iPhone any more, unless it's priced at $0.99. Eventually, a price drop - or a native iPad version - will come.
07-15-2010, 07:10 AM
I much prefer it to Nova Hd. Controls on this one are great.
07-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Quote:
My solution is not purchasing any game for the iPhone any more, unless it's priced at $0.99. Eventually, a price drop - or a native iPad version - will come.
I know. That would be the right thing to do but i'm too anxious and always end up purchasing everything that draws my attention.

However, there are some games i love whose developers doesn't seem to eager to release iPad versions, specially rpg's such as Zenonia, Inotia, etc...
07-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlonde View Post

FYI, Gameloft always give tons of news about upcoming stuff. Maybe you're not looking hard enough. And on the right sites.

On another note, Splinter Cell Conviction has been scheduled for end of June. I wonder what's taking so long. Nevertheless, I'm glad we have Zombie Infection today.

BRAINSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
07-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
any info bout the lite version available?i do have the iphone version and installed on ipad but it doesnt describe the hd version gameplay n framerate on ipad.
i mean like hero of sparta iphone-----good
hero of sparta hd ipad-----almost unplayable...crash n very low framerate...

still waiting...
Newer FPS HD games of Gameloft (NOVA, Sandstorm etc.) have pretty good framerate. Sure, they're considerably slower than the iPhone version running scaled up 2x (particularly with scenes with a lot of water / ray animation), but, in my opinion, they're still much better to play than the iPhone version, despite the lower speed.

I haven't played ZI yet - already purchased it, but I'm at work so I can't play here. Will report on the playability and animation speed compared to the other above-mentioned HD titles.