★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is anyone else getting aggravated with developers? iPhone 4.

07-15-2010, 05:35 AM
Send a message via AIM to Roadblocked Send a message via Skype™ to Roadblocked
Is anyone else getting aggravated with developers? iPhone 4.

So, I've had my iPhone 4, for about a month now, and I know I'm going to come off as a whine ass for this, but I am wondering if anyone else is as frusterated with developers, already, as I am.

For example; the other day, I was reading the preview for "spider: Brice manor hd" for the iPad, and tiger style developers said, they do not have plans currently to give us an iPhone 4 update, because -they- do not have one yet.

To me this came off as a very novice comment, after all, aren't the developers developing products to earn -our- money? So, quite frankly, who cares what hardware they are using?

If I am going to be alienated by developers because I use a higher end device, I guess we should just spend our money elsewhere? I don't know about the average iPhone user, but I definitely have a 70 dollar a month app addiction, consistently.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say here, is if you are a developer, get on it with the iPhone 4 updates, or you will be losing customers to developers who do update.

I'm no programmer, but honestly, developers, how hard is it to throw a few lines of code to give us the functionality we would pay for?

In the words of Joe Dirt, Tiger Style, "it's not what you like, it's the consumer"

07-15-2010, 05:44 AM
Don't worry about it friend. As many will tell you, you've got to wait it out when a new machine comes out. I remember similar things with newly release consoles.

If you are in to FPS, pick up Archetype and Eliminate: Gun Range.

Give it a week or two and Zen Bound 2 will make full use of the iP4, with the gyro being used as well as retina display optimized visuals.

I believe Jet Car Stunts is getting retina support, as well as many other games.

Invaders Must Die.

07-15-2010, 05:51 AM
What iPhone update were you thinking of for Spider: Bryce Manor? Texture updates I'm taking? It takes some time to do, and with a very small development team such as Tiger Style who have been working hard on the iPad version for awhile, you really think they had a lot of time on the iPhone 4 updates? - I'm only guessing here, but I think they were spending their resources trying to get the iPad version out as soon as they could. Programming takes a lot of time, and they're a small development team. They don't have an update, maybe cause they were hard at work to get it's fans the HD version and I'm very happy they did. The iPad version is awesome.

Be patient, again programming takes a lot of time and very small development teams can only handle so much at a time. There is no need to get aggrivated at all especially with the that example you just gave.
07-15-2010, 06:02 AM
'Aggravated with developers?' 'novice comment'? 'who cares what hardware they're using'? 'throw a few lines of code'?

'A delayed game is bad for now, but a bad game is bad forever' - Shigeru Miyamoto
07-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by Eduku View Post
'Aggravated with developers?' 'novice comment'? 'who cares what hardware they're using'? 'throw a few lines of code'?

Lol yeah he kind of sound like a douche

To the op: The iphone4 is not even release in most of the world yet. Give it some time...

Twitter: @realtech_VR
Visit realtech VR Facebook page.
07-15-2010, 07:15 AM
i have a lot of games i'm waiting to get updated too. If there is an ipad version, there will be an iphone4 version soon to follow. Just be patient. x-plane just released all of their 8 versions for the iphone4. "x-plane hd" and it looks amazing. It's just a quick port of the ipad version, but looks much better on the iphone. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here yet.
07-15-2010, 08:34 AM
07-15-2010, 08:39 AM
that would make an awesome game

(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Novice comment...few lines of code?

07-15-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm getting so aggravated I'm going GREEN!!!

I like my milk with some cereal.
Game Center; STARDUSTGD add me please..
Originally Posted by pgboy View Post
I know this is stupid but I just hit 500 posts! Post the amount of posts you have here!
Originally Posted by kijib View Post