★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Art In Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 52.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (9)
App description: AirAttack - is next-generation top down air combat shooter with stunning 3D graphics alongside great audio, effects and awesome gameplay.

AirAttack was in top 10 paid games in more than 60 countries !
*** AirAttack is also available for iPad and Mac ***

Features:
* 10 Great Missions
* 64 Different Enemy Types
* Retina display support
* Numerous Upgrades and Special Weapons
* 3 Player Planes
* Game Center support
* Amazing Lighting and Special Effects
* Orchestral Music
* 3 Difficulty Modes
* Arcade and Survival Mode
* Realtime Physics
* Destructible Bridges and Buildings
* Amazing 3D environments enhanced with LightMaps and SpecularMaps
* 10 Huge End Level Bosses
* 4 Control Types: Touch, Relative, Tilt, Joypad

artingames's comments:
Hey Guys , AirAttack has just been released
So prepare your self for next generation top down shooters

07-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Whoa this looks really nice, graphics look outstanding I'm downloading now and will play it in the morning and post a iTunes review later...

07-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Yes, this looks stunning!

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
07-15-2010, 06:59 PM
This for buck? Wow. Looks awesome. Will check it out a bit later.
07-15-2010, 07:37 PM
YESSSSSS!! Loved the demo version, about time. Adds to a solid week or so on the app store for good releases. Downloading now.
07-15-2010, 07:38 PM
So far this game is frigging awesome. Very nice ammount of options and graphics and gameplay are outstanding. I'll play more and post some more detailed impressions in awhile

Richard

I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
07-15-2010, 07:58 PM
i enjoy this style of game.. off to buy now

chris.
07-15-2010, 08:13 PM
So far I have to say WOW...fun to play, fun to experience. Definitely enjoying this game.

Very smooth controls...yes, there are relative controls as well as simple touch, accelerometer, and joystick.

It is cool to see the enemies coming at you in different formations and doing barrel rolls and other maneuvers in 3 dimensions...so they may not necessarily be in your same horizontal plane and be hittable at all times. In addition there are ground units to shoot and which are shooting you like tanks, boats, armored trains, and turrets.

There's a nice variety of enemy units to test your skills against as well...traditional fighter planes and more exotic things like blimps, UFO inspired vehicles, and flying wings.
Enemies can come from all directions including the bottom and sides of the screen so you'll need to be on the alert.

The other thing that I like that adds to the experience for me is that you can double tap to drop a bomb. It doesn't travel very far forward so you basically need to be on top of your target to drop it. See an enemy crossing a bridge in front of you...take out the bridge instead of spending time shooting at the enemy. Drop bombs on random buildings and you can get rewarded with extra coins to spend at the shop. So, lol, I've died because I'm busy looking for ground targets to drop bombs on instead of watching for enemy bullets.

Definitely recommended if you like vertical shooters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
07-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Thank you a lot guys for your support , we really hoppe you will all enjoy AirAttack and we will also most welcome all your feedbacks as we still want to improve our game.
07-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Devilishly Good has done a nice job summing up the highlights of AirAttack. I feel this game is so fantastically made that I hope it isn't forgotten soon in the flurry of games being released. I'm going to the AppStore now with a 5 star review/rating and hope that many people will check this gem out.

The only two vertical shooters I reccomend:

Roswell Fighter
AirAttack

I'm not a big fan of the genre, but AirAttack has done a wonderful job of pulling me in to it's stunning visuals and excellent controls that even one who's normally not a vertical shooter fan can really get into this. Great job!