★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Please take the time to rate Forsaken - higher ratings ensure future updates.
Enjoy!

Inspired by the legendary arcade classics before it, Forsaken is an epic go-until-you-drop fantasy arcade adventure. Explore unique and dangerous dungeons filled with deadly monsters and the bones of those who have come before you in an attempt to reach the deepest levels and claim the ultimate high score!

How deep will the dungeon take you?

** 4 different characters to choose from: Warrior, Priest, Mage and Archer
** Randomly generated dungeons - Never the same game twice!
** Fight your way through two themed environments: Classic and Winter
** Local scoring system

** 3rd Generation devices required
** iOS4 required
07-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Argh. My heart skipped... then plummeted.

Thought it might be this (somehow):

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

07-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post

I used to love that game. Acclaim put out some good stuff.

Invaders Must Die.
07-15-2010, 09:26 PM
This looks like it has potential. Wish there was a video, but I'm intrigued enough to take a chance. Impressions incoming soon.
07-15-2010, 09:38 PM
I can't figure out what it exactly is from screenshots, how wonderful it would be if i got a code.
07-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry hunter View Post
I can't figure out what it exactly is from screenshots, how wonderful it would be if i got a code.
They don't just randomly fall from the sky...

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
07-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:

I only wish. Forsaken was like the next generation of Descent, and I loved the hell out of Descent. It would be pretty damn hard to make a 6DOF shooter on a touchscreen though.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
07-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Game Impressions

This is a very "bare bones" effort. Graphics are functional but uninspired. Controls...work. There are no upgrades, no level-ups, no new skills to unlock, no character progression of any kind. You pick a character and see how long it takes before you die. Or get bored. Whichever comes first. At the very least this needs to have some global leaderboards...but doesn't.

In light of something like Solomon's Keep being available for the same price, this game is a complete non-starter. I foresee a price drop shortly, but couldn't even recommend this at a buck in its current state.

Not that there isn't groundwork laid down here for a decent game, it's just that currently most of that game is missing.
07-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:

Same here; made me remember the Hot model that was part of the Forsaken PC game. I was hoping this was the game.

07-16-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
This is a very "bare bones" effort. Graphics are functional but uninspired. Controls...work. There are no upgrades, no level-ups, no new skills to unlock, no character progression of any kind. You pick a character and see how long it takes before you die. Or get bored. Whichever comes first. At the very least this needs to have some global leaderboards...but doesn't.

In light of something like Solomon's Keep being available for the same price, this game is a complete non-starter. I foresee a price drop shortly, but couldn't even recommend this at a buck in its current state.

Not that there isn't groundwork laid down here for a decent game, it's just that currently most of that game is missing.
You really are King of the TOFTT'ers.

Invaders Must Die.