★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tantrix Match! is a new sudoku-style puzzle game designed to train spatial and logic skills.

Match is made up of 13 tiles, a tray and a selection of puzzles. Each tile is unique, and puzzles have only one solution.The puzzles are best solved by applying logic and deduction, though "trial and error" sometimes works too. The harder puzzles require thinking several steps in advance.

Objective of the puzzles is simple, all touching colours must match.

There are 5 possible levels of play. Begin with the easiest puzzle and move up. To reach the hardest level, you will need to combine both spatial and logic skills. There are lots of techniques which can be applied to solving Match puzzles, and with a bit of practice, you will pick them up!

Tap the tiles to select them, drag them to the tray and rotate by sliding your finger along the left border.
07-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Looks like solitaire version of Tantrix - I sent the originators of the board game an email asking if this one is legit or not.

If it is, then I'd love to see a multiplayer version like Carcassonne...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

07-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Just got word back that this is legit - so go for it board/puzzle game fans!

I'll snag it and let you know what I think of it - I'm still hoping for some sort if multiplayer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
07-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Looks like a nice version. I'll give it a try too.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
07-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Looks very nice. How many puzzles are within, folks that've bought? Or are they randomly generated?
07-17-2010, 05:30 PM
this looks like it has the drive to steal my free time...
07-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Levels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toythatkills View Post
Looks very nice. How many puzzles are within, folks that've bought? Or are they randomly generated?
Levels are stored in the server but 20 levels from each difficulty category is buffered in to the phones own level pool. Every time when game is started it will check internet connection and if internet is available then send scores and fill local pool again. So, you can play offline too for limited amount of levels. There is currently over 20'000 levels in the server so you probably can't memorize all of them.

Please note that you can register nickname from settings screen. Scores are collected to the server with the nick. Scores are not visible anywhere, yet.
07-18-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm impressed by the level of challenge this title provides. If you like this style of game, I can't imagine anyone ever running out of content, so it's probably worth a get.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL