★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: NOTE: iOS4 required

Made it into the top 100 paid apps in March!!!

Machine-crushing Panda Missiles!

Free Fallers couples action with strategy like no other, and even promotes a green theme! Guide tenacious skydiving animals, and help them CRUSH the menacing machines invading their land, all while avoiding mid-air collisions and killer poison clouds!

"Cool new sensation leaves Parachute Panic and even many line-drawers in the dust!"
- Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan of Touch Arcade Forums

"Unique game that is awesome to play!"
- AppModo

"Challenging, fast-paced, and fun!"
- SlapApp

"Innovative gameplay mechanic"
- OpenFeint

Details
Menacing machines are moving in to destroy the pandas pad, so the animals have come up with a crazy but effective plan to eliminate them: jump out of the sky and crush the bulldozers from above! But, they need YOU to guide them on their mission...draw flight paths for these skydiving animals and help them crush the invaders down below. Your fingers will burn with excitement as more and more skydivers join the mission! Be sure to pop those parachutes though!

Easy to start playing? OH YEAH just swipe tap swipe easy peasy!
Progressively intense gaming with three difficulty settings!
Earn huge points with continuous and stylish crushes
Collect power-ups to transform these animals into flaming missiles!
Juicy landscapes unlocked if you can finely hone those skills
Fully integrated with OpenFeint leader boards and points - share your achievements on Facebook plus check scores against other gamers worldwide.

Your fingers will burn with excitement as more and more skydivers join the mission!

YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbbde__EZL8

Yappler-Tags: Power, crush, path, draw, strategy, action

LordGek's comments:
The subtitle is all my own but it does a better job of indicating this is not so much an inverse Doodle Jump, but more of a line-drawing Prarachute Panic of VENGEANCE!

I can't wait to try this out tonight!

Youtube link | Pop Up

07-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Just downloaded this and cant get to go any further than the loading screen before it crashes

07-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Just downloaded this and cant get to go any further than the loading screen before it crashes
Crap! You have my same setup too! Hopefully it will work with the iPad then.

There is this warning in the description:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Fallers Description
Please note:
Free Fallers runs smoothly on iOS4 devices, however our earliest adopters have made us aware of a couple of hiccups that will cause the app to exit:

* Pressing the Points button on the Help Screen (the points-summary screenshot below is all that's needed)
* Putting the app in the background

We have resolved the Points button issue and have submitted an update to Apple. We will notify you via Facebook and Twitter when the update is available for download. Thank you for your support and please keep in touch with feedback!
Perhaps this then means it can't multi-task for crap, do you have anything else running in the background?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
07-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Crap! You have my same setup too! Hopefully it will work with the iPad then.

There is this warning in the description:

Perhaps this then means it can't multi-task for crap, do you have anything else running in the background?
No nothing at all tried rebooting and uninstalling and i also tried uninstalling and downloading on my pc and then putting it on my ipod still no joy

Edit : Eventually got it to work had to open the app about 12 times to get in once in opened OF and everytime I open up now works fine

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 07-16-2010 at 05:57 PM.
07-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Thank you for brining the startup problem to our attention. Fortunately we have only received reports from a few iPod Touch users running iOS4. We are looking into the matter with urgency.

Regards,
Tony

www.chillijuice.com
07-17-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilliJuice View Post
Thank you for brining the startup problem to our attention. Fortunately we have only received reports from a few iPod Touch users running iOS4. We are looking into the matter with urgency.

Regards,
Tony

www.chillijuice.com
Well it doesn't work on the iPad either. Yes I know it isn't supposed to be an iPad native app but I figured I'd be able to at least play it on my iPad until the fix was in but no go.

I hope that fix comes out quick as it LOOKS great!

My iTunes Reviews
07-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilliJuice View Post

Regards,
Tony

www.chillijuice.com
I have a bit of a half-assed work around for the moment.

If I play in Airplane Mode I'm fine, but this isn't a nice solution.

This crash is even as I'm right next to my home router with a 5 bar signal!

Maybe I'll get luckier on my iPad without having to pull the Airport Mode route (like just disabling wi-fi but leaving the 3G going and visa versa).

Very clever game now that I've seen it first hand, nice work!

My iTunes Reviews
07-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
No nothing at all tried rebooting and uninstalling and i also tried uninstalling and downloading on my pc and then putting it on my ipod still no joy

Edit : Eventually got it to work had to open the app about 12 times to get in once in opened OF and everytime I open up now works fine
Damnit, this WAS the right route!

I tried persevering a few more tries...

I finally got to the OF Login, chose my name annnnnd crashed again.

Tried another time, CRASH.

BUT THE THIRD TIME after having previously gotten to at least the login, I started up logged in and now I seem fine. Very weird.

My iTunes Reviews
07-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Game Impressions

Once working this game leaves Parachute Panic and even many line-drawers in the dust!

You have the choice to play the game safely just trying to make sure all of your animals deploy their parachutes in time and don't bump into one another or, if going for the big points, try to land your beasties on the various forms of construction equipment (NOT the van, he's with your guys!) until they're crushed. If you're wanting to go for even BIGGER points, you might want to get selective in what you land on. If you can manage to smash a construction vehicle using only one type of beasty there are bonus points in it for you (bigger points depending on which beasty since it takes a lot more tigers than, say, elephants, to smash a tractor). Another way you can go for a few style points is by landing just the right combination of beasties on a dozer to destroy it (which can be a bit tricky since you never see a number to display a vehicle's remaining hit points and just need to recognize the various stages of damage graphically). You also can get bonus points by continuously landing beasties on the vehicles (I think the chain is broken once you simply land a guy on the ground).

My iTunes Reviews
07-17-2010, 08:47 PM
cool. will have to give this one a try too.

chris.