★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chillingo Ltd
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 235.9 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: LIMITED SALE PRICE TO CELEBRATE THE 1.3 UPDATE!!! Jim and Frank make their first HD outing for the iPad, retaining the winning formula from the original hit iPhone puzzle game. The Jim and Frank Mysteries The Blood River Files HD contains exclusive exciting puzzles, bonus puzzle art and beautifully crisp high-resolution visuals!

This entrancing puzzle-solving game follows the adventures of two friends: Jim and Frank. Jims a kind-hearted guy who hides his keen intelligence beneath a shy exterior, whereas Frank is a mischievous joker whose love of pranks is matched only by his fearlessness. Help them in their quest to uncover the mystery behind the Blood River Files!

Join our heroes in The Jim and Frank Mysteries The Blood River Files HD, as they set out from the picturesque town of Tinyville for an adventure they could never have imagined. Be a part of their story, meet the strange and fascinating characters they encounter on their travels, and most importantly, help them to solve the fantastic puzzles that will lead them to the answer they need the Secret of the Blood River.

iPAD SPECIFIC CONTENT
Exclusive HD bonus art
Even more puzzles! Including:
Gems and Spaces
Nutcracker
Fish Fun

ENTER THEIR WORLD
Unlock the gates to this epic story, with dozens of interesting characters and scores of beautiful hand-drawn scenes. Featuring a mesmerising original soundtrack, professional voice acting, and over 20 hours of gameplay, The Jim and Frank Mysteries is your key to a captivating new world.

A EUREKA MOMENT
Like Jim and Frank, you have to use your wits if you want to survive! Play over 60 unique types of puzzle, ranging from word games to logical tricks; from mathematical quandaries to visual challenges. If you get stuck, you might need a Eureka moment but with Jim and Frank around, youre bound to find a way forward!

UNIQUE, ADDICTIVE PUZZLES
Master an extraordinary variety of brand-new, addictive mini-games, like Flower Picking, Pathfinding, Potion Brewing, and the Bat Hunt.

DISCOVER, COMPETE, AND COLLECT
As you explore the world and unravel its mysteries, earn achievements and compete on the Crystal Leaderboard, and unlock new bonus scenes, puzzles and characters!

goiMot's comments:

HD Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

07-16-2010, 10:53 PM
I really have to stop buying iPhone games.

07-16-2010, 10:55 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Same here, I can't believe it!
07-16-2010, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
Same here, I can't believe it!
Post your thoughts, folks. This game looks even more gorgeous on the iPad!!
07-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime;
No kidding. How about a heads up next time?
The iPhone game doesn't look soo bad on the pad though.
07-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha78 View Post
No kidding. How about a heads up next time?
The iPhone game doesn't look soo bad on the pad though.
The iPhone games doesn't look bad on the iPad till you check the HD version on iPad
07-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Damn, I just bought this for the iPhone

Same with me. I wish the developers would have indicated that the iPad version would be out within a week of the iPhone version.

No doubt I would have waited the week and got the HD version.

I don't begrudge the developers the money they make with two different versions, but I would like some prior info to make a better decision. With so many games available these days, and so many devs going to different versions for the iPhone and iPad, I just can't afford to double dip for every game.
Having better info allows me to make a better decision; in this case they would have got three bucks from me instead of the one, but I just can't justify buying a game I just bought a week ago. Oh well, live and learn I guess..

Crap, I bet it's lots better for the iPad too !
(This last sentence brought to you courtesy of my 5-year old self.)

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
07-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebecotr View Post
Same with me. I wish the developers would have indicated that the iPad version would be out within a week of the iPhone version.

No doubt I would have waited the week and got the HD version.

I don't begrudge the developers the money they make with two different versions, but I would like some prior info to make a better decision. With so many games available these days, and so many devs going to different versions for the iPhone and iPad, I just can't afford to double dip for every game.
Having better info allows me to make a better decision; in this case they would have got three bucks from me instead of the one, but I just can't justify buying a game I just bought a week ago. Oh well, live and learn I guess..

Crap, I bet it's lots better for the iPad too !
(This last sentence brought to you courtesy of my 5-year old self.)
Agree absolutely. It has been a big buy week for many, and budgeting for apps is difficult enough as it is! Normally I wouldn't have been so impatient, but it almost sounded like the usual lengthy delay between iPhone and iPad releases.

As many of us are waiting for other releases (everyone waiting for the same things!), double-dipping becomes either redundant or overly expensive. It's no problem supporting developers, but much of this will go to the publisher (which is fine too, but I am more inclined to support the devs).

I take it the $2.99 is likewise an introductory offer? Will have to give it some thought.

Need advice with language, writing, or proofreading? Toss HockeyDoc a PM for help with app descriptions, creative/technical content, editing, review analysis, and other writing- or research-related concerns.
07-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Well, I just purchased the iPad version, and if you have to get one of them, I recommend the iPhone version. That way you will have not wasted as much money.

I played for about 20 minutes and then I deleted it. It a bunch of very simple puzzles surrounded by a lot of poorly voiced-acted "story". For every three of four minutes of story, you get about 20 seconds of puzzle. Then there are a lot of pointless things you have to do in order to complete the "game". For example, on each screen you are supposed to tap around to just find these tings called "eureka Bucks".

I am not sure who this game is targeted at. The puzzles are too simple for adults, and the story sections go on for so long that they are bound to bore younger players.
07-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Me too. This is happening all the time to me. I buy the iphone version of the game and before I even have time to try it, the ipad version comes out ! patience is not my strong suit