★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Hexius - unique, addictive action-puzzler

07-17-2010, 05:18 AM
Hexius - unique, addictive action-puzzler

Hi all,
There is a Hexius thread in the iPhone forum, but as Hexius is a Universal App, I thought I'd mention it here too!

Recent reviews :

touchreviews.net : 5/5
appsmile.com : 4.5/5
mobiletechreview.com : 5/5
appaddict.net : 4/5
AppShouter.com : "If you’re a fan of Puzzle games ... you should definitely pick up Hexius"

iPad gameplay video (Time Attack mode)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hexius is a fast-paced, unique and addictive action-puzzler, with 3 fun game modes, global/friends scores, weekly score challenges, and achievements.

Features :

★Time Attack Mode - connect matching hexagons as fast as possible, until time runs out - the faster you play, the higher the score multiplier goes!

★Level Challenge Mode - collect all the targets to move onto progressively harder levels. The faster you go, the more time is carried over to the next level - find out how far can you go before time runs out!

★Strategy Mode - take your time to work how to get the best score in 30 moves, making the best use of Multiplier bonuses.

★Online score tables - Log in to OpenFeint to enter weekly score challenges, see all-time high scores, check global scores, and check your achievements. Import your Facebook or Twitter friends to share scores.

★Bonuses - make use of Bomb, Reveal, and Freeze bonuses to maximize your scores.

★Tutorials - hints and tips show you the best ways to create bonuses and get higher scores.

★Addictive gameplay – with simple rules, Hexius will appeal to the casual player and puzzle lovers, whilst the subtle tactics required to get really high scores will intrigue the more advanced gamer.

★Universal App - buy once, and play on you iPhone, iPod, and/or iPad (with HD graphics on iPad)

Last edited by PhasicLabs; 07-17-2010 at 05:22 AM.
07-17-2010, 05:56 AM
nice surprise for me.fun and nice game.

07-21-2010, 05:15 PM
v1.3.0

v1.3.0 of Hexius has just gone live!

This update adds PlayHaven support, smoother graphics on iOS4, and introduces game-resume (quit the app mid-game, and you can resume your previous game next time you run it).
07-21-2010, 11:23 PM
I got this game a couple days ago. Loving it, but wish there was some neat dance/techno tracks added to the mix. *Yes, I know I can play my own...
07-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhasicLabs View Post
Hi all,
There is a Hexius thread in the iPhone forum, but as Hexius is a Universal App, I thought I'd mention it here too!

Thanks, I didn't quote it in iphone thread.

All universal app should have their quote here too. Universal is a bundle package, or at least can be, I quoted some rather different in iphone and ipad, plus the gameplay is never fully the same.
07-22-2010, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Thanks, I didn't quote it in iphone thread.

All universal app should have their quote here too. Universal is a bundle package, or at least can be, I quoted some rather different in iphone and ipad, plus the gameplay is never fully the same.
Hexius has the same gameplay on iPad and iPhone - it has to be, because of the shared OpenFeint score tables - don't want to give an advantage depending on the hardware!
07-22-2010, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJoe View Post
I got this game a couple days ago. Loving it, but wish there was some neat dance/techno tracks added to the mix. *Yes, I know I can play my own...
I did start working on some music for the game (I write music as well as making games - iTunes link), and I may finish it for a future update.
I've got other games to work on now, but I will add more major updates for Hexius each time it makes enough money to justify working on a new update.
07-22-2010, 07:55 AM
promo code competition

There are 20 free copies of Hexius up for grabs - check out this thread for more info :

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=1200864
07-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Good luck with the game - I picked it up a week or so ago, and find it to be a bit frantic - but really quite well done app. I'm not great at it - I will get some big combo's but then not see a last symbol - have to "wait" for the hint and then get into trouble with the timer.

Graphics are great looking on the iPad BTW. For people that like matching / combo type puzzles - this one is hard to beat.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-23-2010, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Good luck with the game - I picked it up a week or so ago, and find it to be a bit frantic - but really quite well done app. I'm not great at it - I will get some big combo's but then not see a last symbol - have to "wait" for the hint and then get into trouble with the timer.

Graphics are great looking on the iPad BTW. For people that like matching / combo type puzzles - this one is hard to beat.
It just takes practice

It is supposed to be a bit frantic in Time Attack (and a bit in Level Challenge too) - have you tried Strategy Mode? There is no timer there.