★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Bad Days Studio] Airborne Troopers: September 8th

07-17-2010, 12:27 PM
[Bad Days Studio] Airborne Troopers: September 8th

Airborne troopers is a side scrolling fighting game developed by Linart, where the goal is to get as many kills as you can.

---------------------
The game will include three maps at the release date, 4 weapons, and a ton of fun.

The game is simple, you are dropped in the map of your choice with up to 5 NPCs (or 3 local friends) and you simply need to kill your opponents. It's free for all, and if a player get killed (or you) he gets re spawned. You choose the length of the game (between 5 and 20 minutes). NPCs have three level of difficulty and 2 personality (aggressive or more protective).

The game include a local multiplayer mode (via wifi) where you fight agains't three opponents (local friend or NPC). And depending of it's success, it may include an online multiplayer mode at some point.

The game should come out in a month or less.

Here's some screen shot (no in game, those will come shortly in a promo trailer). Everything you see may change during the final touches.

The game Will include the ipad and iphone 4 version.

The first map, named : The cliff

The second one named : The Temple (very wip, still a lot to do)

the character you play

the game creation menu

--- Video section ---

AI demo, not real game view.

Overview of Map 1

Overview Of Map 2

Overview of map 3

Gameplay

I'll include more in the next week and a trailer should come out very soon.
Please take note that this game is a one man show. I did everything, from ground to roof. Suggestions are more than welcome.

This game is developed with SIO2 interactive.
Ian, linart.

Last edited by Linart; 09-06-2011 at 11:57 AM.
07-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
Looks amazing! Will it be side scroll or First Person?

07-17-2010, 12:34 PM
It's a side scroller, and thanks!
07-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to Greensheep
woah! this looks crazy! It sorta reminds me of the smash bros games I havent seen anything like this on the app store yet.

Beta Tested Games: Fruit Ninja, Push Panic, Monster Mayhem, Warlords: Call to Arms(Co-op), Airborne Troopers, Max Adventure, Pentagon Defence
07-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to RttaM Send a message via Yahoo to RttaM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linart View Post
It's a side scroller, and thanks!
Good to know, I sent you a PM. It would be nice if you could possible respond! Thanks Ian.
07-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Looks amazing!
07-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Send a message via AIM to Greensheep
man and only a one man team too. You've got some skill! Have you decided on a price yet?

Beta Tested Games: Fruit Ninja, Push Panic, Monster Mayhem, Warlords: Call to Arms(Co-op), Airborne Troopers, Max Adventure, Pentagon Defence
07-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Will there be melee attacks? Is it similar to Super Smash Bros?
07-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Some more infos

Hey I forget to say, controls a fully adjustable.

Weapons are : Riffle, bazooka, Laser thing, grenades.

Here's some more screen shot

Options

Spawn Screen

In game Map 1

Ian
07-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensheep View Post
man and only a one man team too. You've got some skill! Have you decided on a price yet?
Hey thanks a lot. A lot of patience You should say. I'm working on that since.. September 2009. For the price iIm not sure yet. Since I'm on working it like crazy for almost a year, I don't want it to be 99 cents but I know it's hard to get known these days when you sell for more than 99 cents. I don,t think it have a chance to be more than 2,99. But hey, you're the consumers. You guys should tell me how much this product worth.

Quote:
Will there be melee attacks? Is it similar to Super Smash Bros?
What do you mean? (sorry I'm french Canadian, so my english can be glitchy at some point. And i don,t remember super smash very much.

Last edited by Linart; 07-17-2010 at 01:45 PM.