★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chillingo Ltd
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 71.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: So I was sketching this new character, Generic Marine G to his friends, (hey, Im an artist, not a writer, okay). I set him up with a jetpack and a laser, and he was just boosting along, when SUDDENLY, MARTIANS WERE INVADING MY NOTEPAD! Quickly, I drew some power-ups, a whole new range of weapons, and that was it the fight for Earth was ON!!

In this fast and furious hand-drawn shooter, take on the alien horde in an addictive side-scrolling romp through a hilarious, Mars Attacks!-style battle for the fate of humanity.

INCREDIBLE HD GRAPHICS
Especially upgraded for this iPad version, Inkvaders features an awesome cartoony, hand-drawn 1950s graphical style in keeping with its comic-action genre, made all the more entertaining by its seamless, perfectly-fitting combat, movement and death animations, and its many smart, humorous touches.

ADDICTIVE GAMEPLAY
You will find this game hard to put down, and with 30 levels across 3 different terrains and countless upgrades for three different classes of weapon, you wont have any reason to put it down for a long, long time! Get stuck in its time to make those Martians PAY! And just when you think youre done, discover the Endurance Mode and settle down for some more challenging, alien-blasting fun!

POLISH AND PRESTIGE
The level of polish of Inkvaders its perfectly balanced gameplay, addictive replayability, pounding catchy soundtrack and thought-out controls all set it at the top of its genre in the Appstore. And once youve perfected your skills and youve bagged all the games Achievements, get in on the fully-integrated Crystal leaderboards and top your friends high scores!

The alien invasion has begun, and theres only one hand-drawn Generic Marine who can stop it! At this price, the question isnt WHETHER you should buy it, but HOW QUICKLY!

"The controls are superb... Graphically, this game impresses as well. ...Killing aliens results in an abundance of gore that is very satisfying" SlideToPlay

"Inkvaderss graphics are more than I could have ever asked for... and Inkvaders doesn't fail to deliver a perfectly balanced game... entertaining, visually appealing, and just plain fun" No DPad

"The colors of the game are fantastic and youll find yourself laughing a bit just at the overall look of the game. The sounds in the game are also top notch. Amazing that this is only a buck to purchase." AppVersity

"TiG feel like gaming thieves, sneaking into Chillingo's offices and stealing Inkvaders at this price." TouchiPhoneGames

"Right from the word go they show their tongue-in-cheek humor... Not only is the artistic style and quality high, but so are the sound and gameplay." GamersDailyNews

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
HD Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

07-17-2010, 01:53 PM
I am going to take the double dip on this one.

07-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Still hoping to get more universal updates for the iPAd
07-17-2010, 02:05 PM
count me in on that double dip as well...
07-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by byron_hinson View Post
Still hoping to get more universal updates for the iPAd
Agreed, that would be nice.

Played the first mission so far and it looks great on the iPad. Buttons are now located in a better spot for the bigger screen.
07-17-2010, 05:14 PM
If Developers were smart they would make the original version the Universal and add another stand alone non-hd version. After all when we are treated right we will buy the next game.

If developers continue the lets put out the iphone version then release the IPad HD version a month later I will stop buying the iphone version or stop buying from that developer all together.
07-18-2010, 02:05 AM
Online scores still in the ipad version?if not i stay with zombieville