★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Appular
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 25.7 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Hand of Greed is an intense and remarkably unique adventure game that puts your reflexes, timing, and speed to the test in a magical, blade strewn gauntlet. Avoiding everything from swinging guillotines to spiraling sawblades, you rack up wealth by grabbing ancient coins, valuable gems, and more!

The iPhone version was featured as one of Gizmodo's "BEST APPS OF THE WEEK"

Reviews of the iPhone version:
Touch Arcade: "Each level is beautifully rendered, with the exceptionally crafted blades stealing the show.. It's a winning formula that is as simple as it is effective."

Slide To Play: "We think Hand of Greed is easily worth every penny of the $0.99 asking price."

Some reviews from real people on our Facebook page:
- "One of the most entertaining games that I have picked up since Doodle Jump!"
- "Most games are just ported arcade-style games, but this one uses the touch interface in a cool way. "
- "I found the game hard to put down. I almost peed my pants before I finally put it down."
- "Much more addictive than Doritos and diet Coke."

If you get cut, blood spills across the screen, so watch out! Load up on loot before your health or the sands of time run out.

Hand of Greed features progressively complicated blade combinations and settings that make up 50 distinct levels that span deserts, dungeons and jungle environments. You can rack up achievements, high scores, and vast coffers of wealth that can be compared via OpenFeint.

Feed the greed!

Key Features
50 intense levels of increasing difficulty
Experience 5 worlds including desert, dungeon and jungle environments
Complete achievements and compare scores via global leader boards
Wildly different blades, jewels, and power ups that change and evolve throughout the game

ImNoSuperMan's comments:
HD Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

07-17-2010, 07:33 PM
I played this on the iPad with iPhone version, looks like it would be exactly the same on 2x. Did we really need an HD version of this rather than a universal app?

07-17-2010, 10:23 PM
I liked the iphone version, is there any new content for the iPad? iPhone version seems to work fine on the iPad.
07-17-2010, 10:52 PM
I totally agree on both points. Seems the same and X2 looks goon enough and not worth spending more $ on basically the same product
07-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Have to say I totally disagree with the points being made here. I have the iPhone version and play it on the iPad too and have been waiting for a full HD iPad version. You can even see from the screenshots that it looks a whole lot better than the iPhone version @ 2x. For an upgrade in graphics like that, I'm happy to spend the few dollars for a game that I like. Dunno why people seem to think they should get a free version for a massive graphics update, or that the game should somehow be different. If you're happy with the iPhone version and the way it looks on the iPad, then don't buy it, simple as that. But if like me, you like the game and find that playing iPhone games @ 2x on the iPad doesn't look near as good as proper HD versions, then this is definitely worth the money.

It's like people expecting to get free Blu-ray versions of movies that they already own on DVD, or complaining that a Blu-ray version is just the same as the DVD version except for higher resolution.
07-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Just thought I'd post an actual comparison. I think it's pretty clear to see the extra work that has gone into the HD version.

07-18-2010, 12:41 AM
^^^I totally agree with you...should have been a universal app.
07-18-2010, 02:07 AM
Was waiting for this.istant purchase for me and now on only ipad games for me.
07-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyg3 View Post
^^^I totally agree with you...should have been a universal app.
One point is that iphone owners would then get all the doubled stuff for a bigger size of the app and stuff they have no use for. If all app become universal that will be a huge blow to ihpone owners.

I know modern days are self centric but before doing request think a bit further than your nose.
07-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
One point is that iphone owners would then get all the doubled stuff for a bigger size of the app and stuff they have no use for. If all app become universal that will be a huge blow to ihpone owners.

I know modern days are self centric but before doing request think a bit further than your nose.
I think you're the one that needs a lesson. Many examples such as Parcel Panic, MGS Touch, StarPagga, etc before they went universal, the file sizes hardly changed much, not doubled. A good example is Caster HD and Caster. Caster HD is 37mb and is UNIVERSAL, Caster for iPhone is iPhone only and is 35 mb.

I've been watching my iPhone only apps that went universal to only find file sizes relatively raised up very minimally. A game like Hand of Greed would have been minimal too. Some games would suffer like Secret of Monkey Island 2, but a lot of games won't and we've seen this over and over with apps going universal.

Maybe you should think a bit further than your nose, not him