★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Neal McDonald
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 0.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Starry Eye is a shoot-'em-up arcade-style video game, duplicating the look of the vector displays of the late 70's and early 80's.

You play as a rude guy, flying around, getting shot at, trying to blow things up.

Special bonus "Attract" mode: relive your youth by mesmerizedly watching the computer blow itself up over and over-- you have no car, you blew your last quarter on Defender, and you have 45 minutes to kill until your mom picks you up.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

07-18-2010, 08:10 AM
This is freaky, I think I LIKE it.

Invaders Must Die.
07-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Beautiful! Wanty.
07-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Ok, I also have to put in a heavy dose of love in for this rambunctiously ridiculous little game. It's so bizarre and utterly unique. A shooter of sorts. Although I know some will cringe, the controls are tilt only. But, please, do not let that stop you from enjoying this marvelous little piece of work. Reminiscent of Minotaur Rescue in that you tilt, shoot, and avoid, while also wrapping around the edges of the screen. What makes this truly remarkable is the bizarre and lovely over-the-top art. Because not only is it art, the art explodes! Into tiny, deadly, beautiful little pieces. It must be seen to be really appreciated. As dense, difficult, and frantic as any Cave game. For shooter fans who want some off-beat psychedelic pyrotechnics thrown in the mix, this most definitely is your bag. Discussing Tameuchi earlier reminded me of this little ditty, and thought I'd bring this little gem back into the fray to get some much needed recognition.
07-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Really, this one is worth investigating, my friends. Clearly, this title isn't for everyone. But I'm quite confident the more stalwart app collectors will find something notable here. I think it's exceptional, and garishly beautiful...