★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Baseball Superstars Review

03-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Baseball Superstars Review

First off, the game reminds me of something you would play on Super Nintendo. Maybe something along the lines of Ken Griffy Jr. Baseball if you have ever played that. There is analog control on the left side and 4 buttons on the right. Pretty easy to tap the right button.

It has a season where you can actually play everyone as if you would a full baseball game or you can do a career mode. Career mode allows you to choose either a pitcher or batter and you play that perspective position. But, you only bat when your play comes around. You improve when you win games and d good by training and buying better equipment. I started playing the game and it felt kind of cheesy.

Once I started playing I actually played a whole season with me losing in the world series 4 games to 2.

Graphics are simplistic but on the scale I give them a 7/10 on the art. Its not what the iphone could be but some games deserve a rating for simple art.

Gameplay is simple but I say 8.5/10. It kept me going and not too many apps on the store cn do that right now. I would easily pay 2-3.99 fr this game. Not sure how much it is actually worth?
03-02-2009, 12:33 AM
The game is currently $4.99

03-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Well in that case, 4.99 it is. I would easily pay that. I mean on previous cell phones you ended up paying 6.99 and up. This is a nice quality app and it's worth the 4.99.

Alot of app buyers fo the iPhone and iPod touch are just cheap. Another reason why quality apps seem to stay away from the app store.
03-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Why make a new thread? There is a really good discussion and review section going on in the other Baseball Superstars forum

http://http://forums.toucharcade.com...all+superstars
03-02-2009, 12:38 AM
So it's not as hard as the reviews say in the app store? That's good to know.
03-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Yeh I mean at first it was a little tough. Couldn't hit the ball, couldn't get o base. About half way through the season, I'd say like 10 games or so, I started to improve.

Improve so much that at the end of the season I was in 1st place. I did end up losing the World series 4 games to 2 games.

All in all I think its a good game.
03-02-2009, 01:01 AM
I couldn't hit the ball either at first and still can't a lot of the time! lol but it gets a lot easier as you progress. It's a very solid game with RPG elements with the powering up your player