★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: TapZap Game

03-02-2009, 03:27 AM
Administrator [Original Poster]
TapZap Game

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=304770552&mt=8

There's so much about this game I want to like.

I like the graphics, the style, the concept. But I just got kinda bored playing.

Quote:
Defeat hordes of incoming nasties as the charge down curving wires at you. Shoot down spirals and spaghetti-like mazes, all the while getting your timing just right to obtain the highest score possible! Make sure you don't miss them before they reach you!
It's remake of Transistor's Revenge from the 80s'.

A little spark goes down the lines towards each of the purple pads. You tap on a pad to send out your own spark which destroys it. You have to time it to hit it in the green zone. If you don't, it's just less points -- unless you hit it in the red zone. You have 5 red zone hits before you lose a life. Each level changes around signifincantly, where the wires may be crossing so it's hard to tell where the spark is coming from right off.

Nice graphics, soundtrack. Good use of touch screen. Like I said, a lot to like about it... but the gameplay it self didn't capture me. One to keep an eye on though. There's also a strange "sponsored by" ad at launch, despite it being a $1.99 game.

arn
03-02-2009, 05:15 AM
This has potential.

It needs score multipliers, to go into a turbo bonus mode once the timer expires and you've completed the level and the ability to start from higher levels.

Starting from level one all the time is annoying.

03-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Thanks for checking out my game Tapzap

I've been getting quite a few requests for the ability to start at later levels so I'll be putting it into the next update soon.

The score multiplier is a great idea too and will be going in.

Please keep the ideas coming!

I like work. I can sit and stare at it for hours.
www.guymoss.co.uk - try me games. Please!
03-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Administrator [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guz View Post
Thanks for checking out my game Tapzap

I've been getting quite a few requests for the ability to start at later levels so I'll be putting it into the next update soon.

The score multiplier is a great idea too and will be going in.

Please keep the ideas coming!
Hey Guz,

Glad to see you here. Yeah, I think the gameplay needs to be tweaked somehow. Like I said, there's a lot to like about it.

arn
03-02-2009, 12:17 PM
More like TapCrap.

Nah I'm kidding, I'll buy it and check it out soon, looks great though.
03-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFratelli View Post
More like TapCrap.

Nah I'm kidding, I'll buy it and check it out soon, looks great though.
Hehe cool - cheers Tom.

On another note I've just submitted an update to Apple so that you can start at a previously reached level. Should take a few days to get through the Apple submission process....

(Also added score multipliers - works well methinks...)

Anyway I hope you like it - would be great to hear some more feedback.

(Got rid of the sponsorship ad too, wasn't getting any money for it anyway. Not on big bucks here!)

03-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Crap; looks sorta like Tap Tap 2.0
03-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Crap; looks sorta like Tap Tap 2.0
Oh man - sorry to hear you didn't like it (you did play it before judging - right?).
That's the first negative feedback I've had - gutted. Sorry dude.

The game is a throwback to the ace game 'Transistor's Revenge' and started off as a XBLA game loooong before Tap Tap Revenge arrived. Nought to do with it

Though I'm not claiming originality here!!

Last edited by Guz; 03-02-2009 at 05:58 PM.
03-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guz View Post
On another note I've just submitted an update to Apple so that you can start at a previously reached level. Should take a few days to get through the Apple submission process....

(Also added score multipliers - works well methinks...)
Great news.

Thanks.

I'll expect my cut for these suggestions earlier on YakYak...

Still think some kind of frenzy mode once you have finished the level would work, or throw in bonus levels where it just gets faster and faster quite quickly until you die where the goal is to survive rather than hit the zones.
03-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I think the graphics/colors look awesome. I'll check this app out later

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge