★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Pedala Games
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 10.4 MB
  • Version: 3.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: The thrill of Soccer at your fingertips...
AIR SOCCER is in the App Store!

EASY AND FUN: Like Air Hockey, just move the player with your finger to hit the ball. The rest, you already know... It's SOCCER!

ALL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS: The 32 participating teams in the 2010 World Championship are in the game, and you can play with them all!

ADVANCED ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: Each team behaves like reality. But don't think it's easy to beat Honduras or North Korea. They may surprise you!

AMAZING REALISTIC SOUNDS: The crowd cheers with every move, plays their vuvuzelas and explodes with the goals... YOU'LL FEEL IN THE STADIUM!

2-PLAYER MODE: Play AIR SOCCER with your friends with just one iPhone or iPod Touch!

What is the best football team in the world?
That's up to you ...
GRAB YOUR COPY NOW and win with your favorite team!

Pedala Games's comments:
Hi All,

We are proud to announce that AIR SOCCER for iPhone and iPodTouch is out!

It's a mix of the excitement of soccer with the fun and ease of the famous "Air Hockey" game.

You can play with the 32 FIFA 2010 World Cup™ teams, including USA, Brazil and the world champion Spain. The graphics and sounds are designed to make the player feel in a real soccer stadium.

In the one-player mode, the artificial intelligence designed specifically for the game makes each of the opponent teams have their own game difficulty, according to the behavior in the real world. There is also a way two-player mode, which allows the user to play against a friend using only an iPhone or iPod touch.

VIDEO:

Youtube link | Pop Up

iTunes Links:

Air Soccer (USA, Mexico and Canada version):
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/air-soccer/id380861154?mt=8

Air Football (International version):
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/air-football/id380862001?mt=8

Comments are welcome...
Cheers!
07-19-2010, 12:05 PM

-Alex

Last edited by Alex Graal; 07-19-2010 at 02:43 PM.

07-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Looks cool. However, I have a ton of soccer and air hockey games.

I will wait on impressions.
07-19-2010, 12:17 PM
I really think this game needs to give out a few promo codes, because at the moment I am not buying this game for $1.99 for sure.

-Alex
07-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Graal View Post
I really think this game needs to give out a few promo codes, because at the moment I am not buying this game for $1.99 for sure.
This is bordering dangerously close to promo code begging.
07-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
This is bordering dangerously close to promo code begging.
I don't mean to beg. I'm saying that just like me, I don't think many people want to buy a game for more than 99 cents when nobdy has posted a review. I'm just saying it would be in the interest of the developer to give out no more than 5 promo codes so that somebody might review it, causeing others to either bypass it completly (if a bad review) or buy it (if a good review). Thats all

-Alex
07-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Folks, we decided to reduce the price to $0.99!

HAVE FUN!
07-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedala Games View Post
Folks, we decided to reduce the price to $0.99!

HAVE FUN!
Sounds good, I will give it a shot.

Edit....played two quick games. This is a decent air hockey game but other than the theme it really won't stand out.

If the soccer theme was used more this could be really cool. Such as a one player tounament mode where you guide your team through. How about a timed mode like soccer, instead of a set number of points. Or what about power ups that might let you lob the puck(ball) into the air or a super striker extra strength shot?

There are so many things you could do with this theme but as of right now it is a standard air hockey game.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 07-19-2010 at 02:20 PM.
07-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Sounds good, I will give it a shot.

Edit....played two quick games. This is a decent air hockey game but other than the theme it really won't stand out.

If the soccer theme was used more this could be really cool. Such as a one player tounament mode where you guide your team through. How about a timed mode like soccer, instead of a set number of points. Or what about power ups that might let you lob the puck(ball) into the air or a super striker extra strength shot?

There are so many things you could do with this theme but as of right now it is a standard air hockey game.
Tks a lot for your opinion, Bazooka!

Timed mode and tournament are in development and we are planning to release a new version in a couple of weeks.

Power ups and Super strike... what great ideas!
We have sent the issue to our developer right now.
He'll have lots of fun in the coming days...
07-19-2010, 02:41 PM
This is what I meant And I'm sad to say my fears have been realized that just the theme is soccer o I will not be gettin this game at the moment, until you add some of those great features in. Then it might become one of my more favorite games You could, for the power ups, have them appear on the center line and the first person to hit them with the PUCK would get the bonus. It would stay in your INVENTORY until you tapped on it which would make the next strike have the power up.

EDIT I have put up the info page in my post right after your post.

-Alex

Last edited by Alex Graal; 07-19-2010 at 02:46 PM.