★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iDracula and average iDevice gamer IQ

03-02-2009, 10:51 AM
iDracula and whats so special about it!?!?!

After playing the game for few days and after reading all the funky reviews while at the same time app is cementing itself in no.1 spot one must be wondering few things about it...

1. Does gameplay really matters at all these days or is everything in "eye candy"?

2. What is the average age of i device gamers?

3. What is the general gaming background / experience of i device gamers?

I have marked this game with 2 stars in app store... It would be 1 star if not for truly awesome work on graphics and general polish...

Please note - this post has no intention of starting any flame war or to be offensive in any way - opinions simply differ and that is all. I just find iDracula phenomenon amazing and as long term gamer who pretty much played everything that matters I am curious about your opinions...

Last edited by -=XX=-Nephilim; 03-02-2009 at 11:41 AM.
03-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=XX=-Nephilim View Post
After playing the game for few days and after reading all the funky reviews while at the same time app is cementing itself in no.1 spot one must be wondering few things about it...

1. Does gameplay really matters at all these days or is everything in "eye candy"?

2. What is the average age of i device gamers?

3. What is the general gaming background / experience of i device gamers?

4. For the end, what is the average IQ of i device gamers if repetitive and monotone monster slaughter is so special to them?

I have marked this game with 2 stars in app store... It would be 1 star if not for truly awesome work on graphics and general polish...

Please note - this post has no intention of starting any flame war or to be offensive in any way - opinions simply differ and that is all. I just find iDracula phenomenon amazing and as long term gamer who pretty much played everything that matters I am curious about your opinions...
People probably bought it based on the fact that it had very nice graphics and was a shooter, something that is at the moment non-existant on the App store.

That doesnt mean people have low IQ's....though for what its worth I have a high score and I didnt buy it

03-02-2009, 10:54 AM
The game does not pretend to be a deep experience.
My opinion is that even the most experienced of the gamers should not forget the simple joys of life, such as a brainless never-ending slaughter of infernal creatures.

Anyway, the upcoming update will probably add something different.
03-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Don't get me wrong...

I didn't expect anything "deep or mega special" in regards to gameplay and I indeed LOVE "mindless slaughter"... From Diablo to Hero of Sparta... They are all mindless slaughter games.

But iDracula goes beyond that... Waaaaaaay beyond that hence questioning average IQ in this thread
03-02-2009, 11:01 AM
1. I removed iDracula the day I bought it. I don't like useless score hunts in such a survival game and wasn't entertained that much. I hoped that it would have a bit of Diablo feeling. Fail.

2. 31

3. Well, I played much stuff during the DOS times. Jump n Runs like Jill of the Jungle, Jack Jackrabbit, all the Apogee stuff. Car Racers like Death Rally and Nascar Racing. Space shooters like Privateer, X-Wing, Rebel Assault. Stunts. Incredible Machine. Warcraft. Dune. Sim City. Psycho Pinball. Blade Runner. And a game whose name I don't remember. Dark SF scenario, city with displays overall, you played a group of agents, used cars, killed people etc. Loved that . After that time, with Windows 3 and the 3D games coming up, I lost interest. 2006 I bought a DS (and loved Super Mario, Mario Kart, Fire Emblem, Kawashima). And now I'm on the iPhone. Still like these old games.

4. Haha . I immediately lost interest in iDracula. But the graphics were good, the game was polished. Just not meant for me. I gave three stars.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
03-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Stop making stupid threads like these first.
03-02-2009, 11:09 AM

Last edited by MattyFTM; 07-17-2012 at 05:08 PM.
03-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the lion View Post
The game does not pretend to be a deep experience.
My opinion is that even the most experienced of the gamers should not forget the simple joys of life, such as a brainless never-ending slaughter of infernal creatures.

Anyway, the upcoming update will probably add something different.
I agree - the game is only 99 cents and it's damn fun for 99 cents! I've spent alot more on a lot less. It reminds me of Smash TV... such a fun, mindless game.

Smash TV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AapB7dW3HA

The update looks great too!
03-02-2009, 11:11 AM
@Oliver

31 hehe - that must be it... 32 here

@Arta

Why is it stupid!?!?

Simply ignore it - if you think it is - just like I ignored all the wow threads in regards to this game... Or, let us know what exactly makes it so special for you and what exactly, in your opinion, makes this game no.1 title in app store...
03-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyFTM View Post
And I don't think the overly high reviews are because of IQ or age, but because the majority of iphone gamers aren't traditional gamers. The iphone might be their only games "console" and they are more accustomed to playing flash games online than playing anything else. And to those people, it probably is worth 5 stars.
Cool reply

I think you might be right there...