★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: DREWSE
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.2 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: How well can you unscramble jumbled words? Jumbled is an addictive, fast-paced, and innovative word game that is great for playing at any time! Earn points, unlock achievements, and compete in the online leaderboards while transforming jumbled strings of letters into real words.

Is being played by over 15,000 people!
Was one of the Top 50 word games
Was featured by Apple 3 times

"Jumbled is best described as fun under pressure...If youre the type of person that loves time killing apps and games, and loves things like crossword puzzles, Sudoku, etc., then youre going to absolutely love Jumbled" - SlapApp.com, 4 out of 5 stars

"It's really fun to play - an unique concept I haven't seen done before...the difficulty curve is great." - AverageApper.com, 4 out of 5 stars

"One of the best word games on my iPod" - iTunes reviewer, 5 out of 5 stars

"This is one of those games that you really need to try to really appreciate. It is fun and addictive." - iTunes reviewer, 5 out of 5 stars

This game challenges you to take advantage of your natural intuition combined with your fast reaction times. In addition to quickly unscrambling the words, you have to choose one of four possible answers that best matches the unscrambled word.

For example, given the jumbled word EDR, find which of the following it best matches: NEPTUNE, PINK, SHARK, GOLF. The answer is PINK since it best matches RED, which is EDR when unscrambled.

Sounds simple? But when theres a timer putting you under pressure and the word lengths start to increase (think: unscrambling 10 letter words like SVTIEEONIL), the game becomes increasingly challenging.

Jumbled has an almost endless number of possibilities: over 100,000,000 POSSIBLE JUMBLES from hundreds of real words.

Here are the many features Jumbled has to offer:
3 difficulty levels for a wide range of players
Points system - earn points based on how long it took you to correctly match the words
5 lives lose one each time you incorrectly match a word
Catchy music and sound effects (option to turn them off)
Optional in-game hints to make gameplay easier
Online leaderboards for each difficulty level
20 achievements to be unlocked using OpenFeint
In-game instructions and support

Need help? Contact us at drew@drewse.com

drewse's comments:

Jumbled is a fast-paced, and innovative word game that tests your natural intuition and reaction times. Unscramble jumbled words and find words that best match them, all while the timer runs.

Tons of features, catchy music, and pleasant graphics make it a remarkably innovative and addictive game that you won't be able to put down.

We would love to hear your feedback, so please post your comments or questions!
07-19-2010, 11:38 PM
interesting.. very, interesting. Adding this to the list for now, maybe until people tell me they like it

07-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Got to play a few games and it reminds me of Jumbled from the newspapers when I was younger but in a unique way. I highly recommend to word fans that like a challenge. I will be back after I play the game some more with my review.

Looking for a Beta Tester? PM me!!
07-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Now in the Top 50!

Just wanted to let everyone know that today Jumbled was one of the Top 50 paid word games in the US! In addition it was in the Top 100 grossing word games in the US! People have really been liking the unique gameplay and we hope that it can stay in the Top 50 or 100 as long as it can.
07-21-2010, 08:26 PM
@drewse congrats on the recent success of your game!

Review: One of the best word games on my iPod. Challenging and so addicting! You start off easy with a scrambled three letter word. First unscramble it and choose the word that is most in common with the scrambled word. Ex. Bird:Shark (both animals). That unique twist is what's sure to have you coming back for more. At .99, it's a MUST-BUY!

07-21-2010, 09:13 PM
2 questions.. does this support retina display? Can you type out the words or must this process be in one's head?
07-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Not sure about RD, but as for your second question, you unscramble in your head.

07-22-2010, 09:05 AM
this app was designed and created by a 14 yr old? damn, even more impressed now

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive
07-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Liking the game. Only problem is words repeat themselves too much. For the answer choices and also the scrambled words. Fix this and it's close to perfect. In one game ome word will repeat itself 4-5 times in different places. Add more words and you got yourself a top notch word game.

How bout different modes? A timed mode with no lives

Or a sudden death mode. You only get one life
07-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Jumbled is featured!

Jumbled is feature by Apple as a New and Noteworthy word game in the US!